Super Contributor

Keeping nails moisturized with oils, lotion, or shea butter may help. Nails are very dry so they need moisture. And when applying lotion massage it into the nails. Using pure shea butter 3 or more times a day helped mine. Just use whatever favorite product you have to moisturize them.

Respected Contributor
Nailtiques 2!! When I use it, I notice a huge difference.
Super Contributor

I was in clinical dentistry, not good for nails since you end up washing your hands several times an hour. They are the nails that are soft, peel, split, etc. I ended up having a gel coating on my natural nails which I have done forever...like almost 20 years.

I'm seeing my Mayo dermatologist this Wednesday for my "every square inch of my body" Melanoma check. Since you can get Melanoma/skin cancer under your nails (this is what killed Bob Marley) I have to have natural nails for them to be checked with a scope. Many great people here suggested I use Nailtiques 2 or 2 Plus. I purchased a bottle of the 2 Plus at Walgreens. I had my gel polish removed, but my nails had splits into the nail bed so I opted to cut my nails super short and have a thin coat of gel polish put on. I kinda feel like I cheated. I plan on letting my nails and the gel grow out and put the Nailtiques 2 Plus on my regrowth. It was also recommended that I use a product called Hard as Hoof, a cream, on my cuticles and nail bed. I haven't purchased that yet.

I just happened to be watching YouTube videos from a skincare/cosmetic person I subscribe to and she has a video all about her nails and a set if products she has been very successfully using called Ecrinal. I think it's a French company. She uses the paint on nail strengthener, a cuticle cream and a type of oil. I found the products online. Not sure if I'll buy them or stick to my Nailtiques/Hard as Hoof plan. I also take a Biotin supplement daily.

Esteemed Contributor
I have problem nails and have tried all the products. The best results I've gotten with perfect formula. For me it's the easiest too. They actually grow and I have a great set of ten nails with all the others I could never achieve this.
Contributor
I have problem peeling nails. It seems to amp up at the change of seasons. I keep them short - like the neat look. And I take a break from polish for a day every week or so and rub sweet almond oil into my nail bed and cuticles often throughout that day. I use it on my cuticles each night as well, followed by a thick hand cream. Seems to help. Wish there were a miracle product out there tho!
Super Contributor

My nails were trashed after wearing acrylic nails for so long. I had heard about these vitamins from Amway, so I decided to try them. They work! My nails grow faster and are stronger than ever. However, they wouldn't stay that way except I use Mally's Gel System. I just use the base, a clear polish, the top coat and the light. Using just that, they soak off easier so it doesn't damage the nail.

"Amway Nutrilite® Complex for Hair, Skin and Nails"

And no, I do not sell Amway, but I do buy their vitamins! ;-)

Contributor

I used to have horrid nails until I used Nail Envy by OPI. Peeling was a big problem! Now my nails are strong and hard. I followed the package directions and took a week off when finished. The results for me were amazing. I no longer need to use it all the time. Now I use gel polish (with the light) and if I take a week off from that I go back to OPI Nail Envy. Sometimes it's hard to find but is available from Amazon.

Respected Contributor

I have been using Hard As Hoofs Cream for almost a year and my nails look fantastic! It can be found at Walmart near Sally Hansen for less than $5. In the beginning you are to use it 3 x a day and then can go to a maintenance once they recover. This product has made a huge difference in my nails. Plus my polish stays on beautifully now too.

Frequent Contributor

I love the Duri Rejuvacote. I purchase mine on Amazon but I have seen it at Walmart.

Trusted Contributor

Another vote for Nailtiques. I use #2 but you can start with 2.5 and then switch to 2 when your nails improve.