Esteemed Contributor

Proactiv Product Recall: 4-piece set A27761

Today I got a letter from QVC about Proactiv's voluntary product recall for A27761. The strength of the product may not be maintained throughout the shelf life noted on the bottle's expiration date. You need the lot number of the products (Proactiv Repairing Treatment and Proactiv Repairing Cleanser) to claim your replacement.

QVC's letter directs us to a general website: www.pabottlereplacement.com. If you want to have it replaced, you can go to that website or call Guthy-Renker at 1-866-918-8759, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m. Eastern Time. However, I warn you that you may be given the run-around like I got, placed on hold, and transferred to automated operators so that you have to start the process all over again. I spent more than 45 minutes on the phone, and the last guy just couldn't let me go without trying to sell me more products!

I ordered this kit from QVC for my son last summer. I wondered why we weren't seeing the results like I thought we would. It appears that my kit was part of this recall. They identified one bottle as defective, but I don't have the other bottle here right now to check the lot number. 8 months is a long time to wait and notify the customers about something like this. They aren't replacing the whole kit, but I think they should since it's supposed to be used in unison.