Honored Contributor

@BExplorer - I also have combination skin. I've been using Laura Geller's Spacke forever, and I love it! I did try Tatcha's and Bare Minerals, but I always go back to LG. Tatcha's is nice, but I wasn't crazy about Bare Minerals' version. 

My skin is warm toned. I have sampled most of Laura's Spackles, including Ethereal, but my favorite is Champagne. When I first started using them I used Regular and used Champagne once in a while when I wanted my skin to really look good. (I was rationing it because it wasn't easy to get back then.) One day I decided I wanted my skin to glow all of the time!  

I love the way my skin feels with it. I will wear it even if I'm not wearing makeup.

I do have a few serum foundations. Those I apply without Spackle under them.  Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Thank you @beach-mom !  There is an Ethereal Rose kit on LG's site I have been eyeing. I am cool toned so was thinking the rose would work better than the champagne for me but have a similar effect. 

I'm glad to know the Laura Geller Spackle is your top pick over the others you mentioned 😊. 

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer - You definitely should get the kit! DD is cool toned. If something doesn't work for me it will for her. She is also a LG fan and Ethereal looks great on her!   Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

I did order the kit @beach-mom 😬. It comes with the Ethereal Rose  Baked Blush N  Brighten. I was so proud of myself with getting down to just one of everything in my makeup supply, but reading the threads in the beauty forum are enabling me to order multiples in the same category 🤦‍♀️.

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@BExplorer   In the primer category, two companies stand out: Smashbox (as @SilleeMee  suggested) and more spendy is Laura Mercier.  I use the Laura Mercier moisturizing primer.

Honored Contributor

@BExplorer wrote:

Thanks @SilleeMee 😊. I'm not opposed to using something like this Smashbox primer because it takes me so long to use up a tube of primer it's relatively inexpensive for me.

@BExplorer   I'm not sure about Ulta at the checkout area, but Sephora often has the travel sizes of primers, etc. that are travel size...more than ample to give new products a test run. I always purchase a basket full and have found some gems.

Love the translucent powder (LM) travel size to keep in my drawer since it's smaller and I refill it form the lg. size. 

I've tried NARS bronzers and blushes in sample sizes, too.It's also a good way to try out expensive poducts in a more economical way.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

Thanks @SilleeMee 😊. I'm not opposed to using something like this Smashbox primer because it takes me so long to use up a tube of primer it's relatively inexpensive for me.

@BExplorer   I'm not sure about Ulta at the checkout area, but Sephora often has the travel sizes of primers, etc. that are travel size...more than ample to give new products a test run. I always purchase a basket full and have found some gems.

Love the translucent powder (LM) travel size to keep in my drawer since it's smaller and I refill it form the lg. size. 

I've tried NARS bronzers and blushes in sample sizes, too.It's also a good way to try out expensive poducts in a more economical way.

@Shanus - I always check out the travel size section both at Ulta and Sephora before I check out.  

Honored Contributor

@BExplorer  - If you want to try the Smashbox primer, wait until Tues Sept 13 as Ulta is having it at 50% off that day.  I plan on taking advantage of that sale.

Esteemed Contributor

@BExplorer   I have been using the Monistate Care Chafing Relief Powder Gel for years after reading about it on these forums.   It has almost the exact same ingredients as the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer.  It works just a well at a fraction of the cost.

Honored Contributor

I found the og Smashbox too drying once my complexion turned uber dry.