Occasional Contributor
I need some help getting my make-up to stay put. I have oily skin and can never make it more than a few hours, no matter what I try. I use smash box eyelid primer for eyeshadow and it's amazing!! I feel like my eyeshadow would last a week or more with that stuff. But their face primer doesn't do the same, nor does anything else I've tried. Any using anything that is working for them??
Super Contributor

Hi

I have oily skin also and use Laura Geller spakle primer and it works great ! It is oil free , it's not heavy and my make up stays on all day .  There are many varieties to choose from - I use the ethereal shade 

Respected Contributor

I have tried a lot of primers & never found one that helps with my oily skin or to keep my makeup on. or even making it look nicer. They either do nothing or they break me out. I would like to try the Becca primer for oily skin, but I have had no luck with any others, so I've never wanted to spend the money to try it. My best thing to use it Boscia Oil Free Daily Hydration SPF15. Light hydration, helps to keep me matte. Liquid foundations work best to control my oil. I don't get any oil control from powder or miner foundations. For some reason pressed powders seem to work better for me than loose powder, too. I use Shiseido Sheer & Perfect Powder. The most matte foundation that I have found it the Becca Shine Proof Ever Matte Foundation.It is so matte that this winter I have been able to use my JM Argan Milk under it & it still stays nice. Good luck to you.

Respected Contributor

I am very oily and nothing beats Becca's Ever-Matte Poreless Primer. You pat it on. Do not rub it in. You can get it at Ulta and Sephora. Its a little pricey but you use a tiny bit. 

Honored Contributor

I already posted about Primers on another post but I'll tell you I use Bare Minerals Prime Time in the color "Light" that has some color in it.  I have a lot of Pink in my skin and this makes my foundation stay and match exactly to my skin.  I use IT in the lightest color foundation you can buy.

You can put on bareMinerals Prime Time and sprinkle water on it and it beads off.  It doesn't let your skin absorb the foundation.  I swear by it.

Super Contributor

I recently read about Jamsu, which I think is a Korean process of setting makeup by dunking your face in cold water.  Individuals have commented that it works!  It is something you might want to check out, especially YouTube.  I could never find any primer that worked, or it would make my skin break out.

Valued Contributor

Shaina, I feel your pain.  I have a very oily t zone despite my age (60).  The upside is that you might have fewer wrinkles as you get older!  I have tried many primers and there isn't one that I swear by but one thing that has helped me is the Urban Decay All Nighter spray.  I still get some shine by the end of the day but before using this, my face would be shiny after just a few hours.  Urban Decay also has one called DeSlick and that might be better for you but I haven't tried it out.  Ulta has travel sizes of both which makes it easier to try out.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

I have the same problem except I do not have oily skin. I have tried many primers and nothing seems to work. Recently a friend told me to try a setting spray instead of a primer. Sephora sells many and you can always return if it is not to your liking.

Occasional Contributor
Thanks for the recommendations ladies! I'll
Look into all of these options. If the eye primer works there has got to be something out there that works for the face. I have a Becca color correcting concealer I like, so maybe their primer is good too? Anyone had luck with a setting spray instead? It's starting to feel like so much work, with all the effort I go to to get it just right. It seems like I shouldn't have to apply 75 products to avoid being told how "tired" or "sick" I look. Not to say those comments aren't true!! Without the makeup, I do look tired ---but probably bc I am!
Esteemed Contributor
IT has one out that will matify and is oil free. It's only available on their website or Sephora.