Honored Contributor

Re: Primer before foundation?

No "primer."  Just a bit of Avon's Dramatic Firming Cream ... and then apply foundation.  Works for me.

Respected Contributor

I'm not one to use a primer although I have experimented with a few.  

For me, the lesser products of this sort on my face, the better.  It's just one more thing to possibly not let my skin breathe and cause skin breakouts/problems. 

I look for a foundation that I only have to use a quality moisturizer (at most), and the foundation does the trick.  

If I'm forced to use a primer, that tells me I have to switch to a different foundation.

Honored Contributor

I only use moisturizer when using powder foundation but I use Lancôme La Base Pro primer If using liquid foundation. 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus, With all due respect to your listening skills, I think something was misunderstood or misstated during the presentation.  Not all Bobbi Brown moisturizers contain makeup primer ingredients. The only two which double a primer are Vitamin Face Base and the SPF Face Base.  My facts are easily verified.

Valued Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

@Tantallum wrote:

Do you use a primer before foundation?  if so, what type of primer and is it powder or liquid foundation?

I sometimes wear IT celebration (powder) and other times I wear a liquid.  I wish my skin would look as good at the end of the day as it does when I first put my makeup on. 

For primers I've tried the classic Smashbox ($), the IT number 50 ($$) and Hourglass veil ($$$) and they all work great with my liquid foundation but I have to say I think the powder/celebration foundation wears better with no primer. 

Curious on others' experience Smiley Happy

I would think the purpose of a primer is to go on first so, yes, primer then foundation. I've never heard of putting a primer on afterwards. Kind-of defeats the purpose. 

I was not suggesting that a primer should be put on after a foundation....I was asking if others use a primer before foundation, or do not use a primer before foundation... that is all

Honored Contributor

@Trix. Correction accepted.