Honored Contributor

Curious about this oil. Anyone using it?

Caught one of the early a.m. HSN The Big Find Beauty shows and this is one of the new vendors that was featured. 

Looked briefly online at other similar competitive products, the H product seems to be priced lower than average.  One of the owners is married to a Moroccan - she claims she has a direct source at a good price point. 2 options for scent. They describe the 'earthy' as smelling like hay...but that it dissapates quickly

I LOVE oils, but did not purchase yet. Want to read reviews and look at options. 

Carter + Jane 1 oz. Earthy Aroma The Everything Oil™
696-568
Carter + Jane 1 oz. Earthy Aroma The Everything Oil™

Ingredients: Optuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly Pear Seed) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadenis Leaf (Aloe Vera),
  Carter + Jane 1 oz. The Everything Oil™ Angelic Clementine
696-569
Carter + Jane 1 oz. The Everything Oil™ Angelic Clementine

Ingredients: Optuntia Ficus-Indica (Prickly Pear Seed) Oil, Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Aloe Barbadenis Leaf (Aloe Vera), Essential Oil Blend: Citrus Nobilis (Mandarin), Citrus Sinensis (Sweet Orange), Citrus Paradisi Macf (Grapefruit), Citrus Bergamia (Bergam

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Super Contributor

I became interested in prickly pear oil when Nurse Jamie was on HSN  talking about its benefits.  She uses it in a blend with damascene rose as an anti-aging serum.

My understanding is prickly pear oil contains all 5 forms o& vitamin e. The best source I found is California Academy of Health (caohdotcom) where 2 oz. of pure organic raw prickly pear seed oil is $22.98. You have to create a throwaway email, because they will give or sell your email to every freaky marketing group in  the US. 
I will mix the prickly pear oil with my vitamins serum, or as a last step at night to seal my nighttime products in. It's also nice to massage on scars & cuticles.

Respected Contributor

I've never heard of this oil before, but thought I'd check the online place, Garden Of Wisdom, where I buy an 8 oz. bottle of squalane oil from each year during the cooler months (I live in AZ) & see it they carry it. 

Anyway, they do carry Prickly Pear Seed Oil in 4 sizes of bottle so it wouldn't be too costly to try it in a smaller size to begin with.

Their website is GardenOfWisdom dot com & the oils are under the 'Raw materials for DIY' section & then, under Carrier & Exotic Oils.  They're located in Prescott, AZ & I've dealt with them for years now with zero problems & they're super nice ,too.

Honored Contributor

@cantdrive55 wrote:

I became interested in prickly pear oil when Nurse Jamie was on HSN  talking about its benefits.  She uses it in a blend with damascene rose as an anti-aging serum.

My understanding is prickly pear oil contains all 5 forms o& vitamin e. The best source I found is California Academy of Health (caohdotcom) where 2 oz. of pure organic raw prickly pear seed oil is $22.98. You have to create a throwaway email, because they will give or sell your email to every freaky marketing group in  the US. 
I will mix the prickly pear oil with my vitamins serum, or as a last step at night to seal my nighttime products in. It's also nice to massage on scars & cuticles.

@cantdrive55  - thank you! Great info Heart I'm definitely going to order it after I do more reviews of options

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@aubnwa01 wrote:

I've never heard of this oil before, but thought I'd check the online place, Garden Of Wisdom, where I buy an 8 oz. bottle of squalane oil from each year during the cooler months (I live in AZ) & see it they carry it. 

Anyway, they do carry Prickly Pear Seed Oil in 4 sizes of bottle so it wouldn't be too costly to try it in a smaller size to begin with.

Their website is GardenOfWisdom dot com & the oils are under the 'Raw materials for DIY' section & then, under Carrier & Exotic Oils.  They're located in Prescott, AZ & I've dealt with them for years now with zero problems & they're super nice ,too.

@aubnwa01  - thank you Heart

Trusted Contributor

I was half listening to Manuela with Isomers last nght, Im not sure if she was on for Isomers or Caspara, but she was talking about Prickly Pear Oil and how good/rare and expensive it is...  I'm not sure what product was on though...