Respected Contributor

did anyone purchase pricey Dyson flat iron yesterday?yikes,my rent isn't even that high.trust me,I'm all for straight hair and do everything in my power to get my locks straight.but I have a terrible wave and I really doubt this pricey tool could give me straight hair.out of my price range as well

Trusted Contributor

@Luvsmyfam @My hair isn't meant to be straight. It's really curly so I let it do its thing!

Valued Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  Guess it's the old adage "we all have want what we don't have". I have stick-straight hair, it won't hold a solitary curl unless I use goopy product. What I wouldn't do just to have a teeny tiny curl when I want a cute hair style! 

Honored Contributor

I would expect a 10 years warranty at that price but that is not the case.  Simply over priced trying to use their name as a back up.  I am not falling for it.

kindness is strength
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam Rent less than $500!!!  I want to live where you do.

Respected Contributor

Re: Pricey flat iron

[ Edited ]

Here's my hair: very fine and thinning a little bit. Slight wave but only in certain areas and not symmetrical. Cowlicks galore that prevent most desired styles from happening. Won't hold a curl but won't stay straight either. Humidity here in Fla. activates every wayward growth pattern on my head. No $450 tool is gonna help; even hairdressers have mentioned that my hair is challenging, nice word for impossible 😂

Harmonize the World
Respected Contributor

I think to myself, "That's close to the cost of a new washer or dryer, or stove." 

At this stage in my life, my brain goes practical. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Pricey flat iron

[ Edited ]

This isn't a flat iron.  It is a multi-styler.  This will do more than just straighten your hair.  You can also curl it, get waves, etc.  

There are a lot of products that are multi-stylers on the market.  Just make sure if you buy something labeled as a "flat iron" that it is rounded on the edges and not flat, and you will be able to use them to curl and wave your hair as well.

I've bought cheap stylers and I've bought pricier stylers.  The cheap stylers were just that. Cheap.  I have thin, fine and poker straight hair.  Many cheap stylers don't clamp shut tight enough and my hair falls right out of them.  Many of them just don't have the oomph to do anything for my hair type.

I didn't buy this because right now I simply don't have an extra $500.00 for a hair tool.  However, I'd be interested in trying it to see what it does for my hair.  I see nothing wrong with people spending their money on this.  I see nothing wrong with people spending $20.00 on a styling tool if it works for them and they are happy.