Respected Contributor

Re: Price of your hair cut include.............

Thanks to all.

I moved so I needed to find a new salon. Many list cut and style as one price. But for my ultra fine and thin hair it takes more than a round brush dry to give me any poof. All they need to do is hit it about 10 places with a curling iron but this seems to be outside the definition of "style" I'm not asking for prom hair.

I tell the stylist that I dont mind straight hair but not flat hair. Most of the time I spend $100 and have to go home and style myself due to fat fly away hair.

I was just curious if maybe I was expecting too much.

Respected Contributor

My haircut includes the shampoo, cutting, texturizing (I get this to thin out my thick hair), blow dry and flat iron.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Here in PA, all hair cuts include washing, cutting and drying of the hair.  Most salons will also use a curling iron or flat iron if necessary.  The fee is all inclusive. Of course, if you only get your bangs trimmed, the wash and dry and style isn't necessary.

The Department of Cosmotology requires that every client leave the salon with dry hair, so that means no matter what service you receive,your hair must be dried by any method before you leave.

I know that there are women who insist on going home with wet hair, but their stylist could be fined if they get caught. 

@Carmie  I'm in PA. Over the years I've changed salons several times; I've gone to both chains and individually owned salons. I never blow dry my hair at home and I have always skipped the blow dry at every salon I ever patronized. Never once has anyone ever said to me that my hair must be dried before I leave. If the stylist could get fined I wonder why they wouldn't say something?

I can't think of any reason why this would even be an issue. It's crazy!!

Honored Contributor

@lmt  I am guessing it's an old law still on the books from long ago.  There are several that I can think of that don't make sense.

I really don't think there are enough people to check on salons and most never get inspected after the first time when they are opened.

Inspectors only check when there is a complaint.  I have seen many, many infractions over the years...especially with hygienic issues.  Most salons do not follow the sanitary rules 100% of the time and some never do at all.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie  An old law?That would make sense.

Besides, I'm sure the vast majority of clients DO have their hair dried before they leave. I'm just the oddball who doesn't, LOL!  

As you said, how often do any of these salons actually get inspected? And .....EWW ..... to your last line about the sanitary issues!!  Smiley Surprised

Honored Contributor

I have my hair cut every 4 weeks.  This includes shampoo and conditioner, cutting, blow dry styling (with flat iron or curling iron) for one fee.  Having my brows waxed is an extra charge.  I've gone to the same hair dresser for over 15 years and she has her shop in her home.  Win...Win.  Smiley Happy

"Faith, Hope, Love; the greatest of these is Love." ~The Silver Fox~
Respected Contributor

In my salon, shampoo, cut and blow dry with brush are included for $35. 

If they use hot tools, flat or curling iron, it is more.