Honored Contributor

Re: Price of your hair cut include.............

Here in PA, all hair cuts include washing, cutting and drying of the hair.  Most salons will also use a curling iron or flat iron if necessary.  The fee is all inclusive. Of course, if you only get your bangs trimmed, the wash and dry and style isn't necessary.

The Department of Cosmotology requires that every client leave the salon with dry hair, so that means no matter what service you receive, your hair must be dried by any method before you leave.

I know that there are women who insist on going home with wet hair, but their stylist could be fined if they get caught. 

Respected Contributor

Every place I've ever gone the price of the cut includes the blow dry....  HOWEVER,  I have never let anyone blow dry my hair after a cut.   I DO IT MYSELF.   I know how my hair falls and use my fingers to finish off the final look....  which is how I do it at home after I wash my hair.    Any time I've gone to a new hair cutter (and it's been about 15 years), I've always confirmed that they will let me blow dry my own hair.   I still pay the same amount, but that is just my preference.

Honored Contributor

Mine is just a cut-off-the-dry-ends trim job, no styling and that costs me $23 (includes tip).

Respected Contributor

@CAcableGirl2 wrote:

Mine only includes the cut.  I wash before I go because it's always on the weekends after I've worked around the house, and then had a shower/shampoo.

I think it depends on where you go.  If you go to one of the discount type chains, Supercuts, Cost Cutters, Fantastic Sams, etc., then a style is added to the basic price. 

Because my hair style is pretty basic, I go to that type of business, and have never had a bad haircut.  Cost is $18.95 plus $5 tip. 

@CAcableGirl2  I go to Great Clips . It took awhile to figure  the most talented at the store but there are 2 stylists that are pros  take pride in giving the best. I have gone to the same store for about 5 years and only can recall one cut that wasn't good by a stylist that didn't seem to care.

The  regular price for a cut is $15.  ish-- with a senior price of $13. I tip at least $5. There is an offering of other services of styling , perms, coloring , etc. that are higher. I believe they offer bang trims for around $5. also beard trimming for men (or post-menopausal women ??--kidding Smiley Happy

They send online coupons to e-mail sign ups occasionaly. Also one can get preference if signing up online for your appointment. DH & I have found this chain to be very professional and economical. We live in a large city with a lot of competition though.

Esteemed Contributor

Every 6 weeks I get color, cut and style.  One price includes blow dry, styling products, curling iron or flat iron (sometimes more than 1) finishing shine spray. Sometimes she adds some highlights (still same price)  I've been going to her for years and it's always same price.  She rents private room space so she does everything from wash to styling

Esteemed Contributor

Where I go now it is all inclusive, the cut, blow dry, any curling that may be done.

A place I used to go to was called a "color bar".  There you paid for each thing individually.  They would include a wash and cut, then more for whatever else you wanted done.  They had a bar set for you to go ahead and dry and style your own before you left if you wanted to.

Respected Contributor

Blow dry, yes. Tools? I don't know, I have curly hair and don't let them use a brush or any tools other than a dryer. Most of the time, I opt out of that part entirely.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Here in PA, all hair cuts include washing, cutting and drying of the hair.  Most salons will also use a curling iron or flat iron if necessary.  The fee is all inclusive. Of course, if you only get your bangs trimmed, the wash and dry and style isn't necessary.

The Department of Cosmotology requires that every client leave the salon with dry hair, so that means no matter what service you receive, your hair must be dried by any method before you leave.

I know that there are women who insist on going home with wet hair, but their stylist could be fined if they get caught. 

That's interesting @Carmie, I never knew that.  I live in PA and have told the hairdresser not to dry my hair but she insisted.

Honored Contributor

I have a pixie .... no additional tools needed. 

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Carmie Do you know the reason why hair must be dry when leaving the salon? Thank you!