Respected Contributor

Price of your hair cut include.............

Does the price of your hair cut include styling other than a brush blow dry? Does the price include using any tools such as curling iron or flat iron?

Respected Contributor

Re: Price of your hair cut include.............

My price includes shampoo, cut and style.  She uses a blow dryer and sometimes a curling iron.  But, it's all one price.

Honored Contributor

Yes, it's all one price.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@granddiYes and no!   Because I'm a snowbird, I use 2 different stylists.  Right now, my monthly visits for color, cut, and style cost the same -  $120+tip.

To me, it's interesting that the cost is the same -  one stylist works in a busy salon, one by herself in a small rented room.  In the salon, if I were to skip a cut one month, the cost would go down, but in the other, there's "no cost" for the cut which means I always pay for a cut there and since I know I'm paying, even if I want just a bit of shaping and trim, I don't hesitate to have her wield the scissors.

Respected Contributor

Mine only includes the cut.  I wash before I go because it's always on the weekends after I've worked around the house, and then had a shower/shampoo.

I think it depends on where you go.  If you go to one of the discount type chains, Supercuts, Cost Cutters, Fantastic Sams, etc., then a style is added to the basic price. 

Because my hair style is pretty basic, I go to that type of business, and have never had a bad haircut.  Cost is $18.95 plus $5 tip. 

......You look like I need a drink.....
Honored Contributor

@granddi wrote:

Does the price of your hair cut include styling other than a brush blow dry? Does the price include using any tools such as curling iron or flat iron?

@granddi   When my hair had a pixie cut, a 3 minute hit w/ the dryer...no brushes/tools required. When I wore it a bit longer/curly, just a diffuser on the dryer & still no brush or tools. Now that I'm almost at my goal of a below my ears bob style, she uses the blow dryer and a large round brush. At the salon, blow drying is all one price even if hair is down to your waist and requires 1/2 hr. of styling. That's why she doesn't charge me for my 5-10 minutes of finishing my cut w/ drying. She's happy to do it, but I'm a regular customer. 

Esteemed Contributor

I get a wash & blowout for the same price. If I need a little curling iron or a bit of a cleanup,ie: a bit of a trim between cuts, he doesn't charge me extra.

Regular Contributor

I pay $55 to the woman who colors my hair and $55 to the stylist who cuts and blows it dry.  A friend has hers cut and colored by the same stylist and pays a little less because she does not have it blown dry.  All in all, for me $110 plus a t$5 ip to the person who washes my hair,  I'm in the Phoenix area and that's about average unless you're going to one of the chains.

Honored Contributor

In the salon I used to go to, a blow dry was included w/ cut , but extra with any color service. It came out to the same amount if I had a cut/color and then didn't pay for styling. So I just had my pixie trimmed up every 3-4 wks. at my color appts. 

Many salons/stylists have you at their mercy. In a smaller town, if you finally find a place you like, good cuts, clean, etc., they charge what others are willing to pay and you choose to go along w/ that price or look for another stylist. 

Honored Contributor

Honestly, I don't really know.  I never just go in to get a haircut.  I always get a color, highlight and cut.  She always blowdries my hair using a round brush and then if I am going somewhere after, she will flat iron it.  My price is never broken down. She just tells me what i owe and I pay it.