Honored Contributor

Preparation H Under the Eyes???

Terri Conn just said in her show just now that actresses used Preparation H under their eyes to temporarily get rid of lines around the eyes.  It was a well known trick of the trade.  Yikes.

Has anyone, presumably non-actors, ever heard of this or tried it???  

Honored Contributor

Re: Preparation H Under the Eyes???

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Terri Conn just said in her show just now that actresses used Preparation H under their eyes to temporarily get rid of lines around the eyes.  It was a well known trick of the trade.  Yikes.

Oh yes, I heard about it years ago.

Never tried it, nor felt the need.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, that's been out there for decades

No, I've never tried nor needed it

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

Way back, I remember that contestants in beauty pageants also used it to " firm up" thighs.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Respected Contributor

Heard of it, haven't done it...Goggle for info.

Honored Contributor

Thank you all! 

I have certainly learned something new today. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Been there, did that, but the product was reformulated several years ago and I don't think it does this particular fix works any more.

If it did, I would do it. Since my miraculous eye surgery I've had bags like satchels under my eyes.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper     This was with the OLD FORMULA of Prep H.  They changed the formula up years ago and the new formula is not really benefical for bags under the eyes. It is like an old wives tale and people still talk about it. 

Honored Contributor

The old formula of PH had an ingredient called LYCD (live yeast cell derivative) which was suppose to promote healing. But the company wasn't convinced that it worked so they got rid of that ingredient. People claimed that PH w/ LYCD alleviated under eye bags and reduced wrinkles but those claims have never been clinically proven. The old formula of PH can still be purchased in Canada.

Respected Contributor

Yes, it is an old model's/beauty contestant trick. My friend who models told me about it. Think about what Prep H was created to do; shrink those pesky little hemmies. It does the same thing for sags and bags under the eyes. Compile this information with the Lumify trick we learned a few days ago, and we'll have a run on the over-the-counter meds department.