Respected Contributor

Re: Preparation H Under the Eyes???

@On It wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Terri Conn just said in her show just now that actresses used Preparation H under their eyes to temporarily get rid of lines around the eyes.  It was a well known trick of the trade.  Yikes.

Has anyone, presumably non-actors, ever heard of this or tried it???  

Yes, it is an old model's/beauty contestant trick. My friend who models told me about it. Think about what Prep H was created to do; shrink those pesky little hemmies. It does the same thing for sags and bags under the eyes. Compile this information with the Lumify trick we learned a few days ago, and we'll have a run on the over-the-counter meds department.

My bad! Didn't know they changed the formula. Does Prep H still do its original task effectively?

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Terri Conn just said in her show just now that actresses used Preparation H under their eyes to temporarily get rid of lines around the eyes.  It was a well known trick of the trade.  Yikes.

Has anyone, presumably non-actors, ever heard of this or tried it???  

@Caaareful Shopper   It's not great and difficult to get the right amount w/o it being greasy. Concealer slides off. Not too many women use it anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I heard about that a long time ago, but never tried it. Hopefully, I won't have to resort to that. Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

The first time I heard reference to this was in an episode of the tv show "Maude", that would have been the early 1970's.  

libby's folly