Honored Contributor

Re: Preference regarding the look of lips?

[ Edited ]

I am going to try it on myself just to see what craziness it looks like, lol. Not when I am going to go out anywhere, just at home for shiatz and giggles. I agree @gfpdem, it seems like it might look okay when you just put it on but throughout the day lipgloss, lipstick, lipliner, whatever, they all come off and that seems like alot of upkeep in order to keep it looking decent.

I have used a Cargo flesh colored or invisible liner on the outermost part of my lips occasionally to keep lipstick or lipgloss (usually lipgloss as I hardly wear lipstick) from feathering, bleeding, travelling. It works great and no odd, lingering color long after the gloss or lipstick has faded.

Honored Contributor

This thread was making me want to try it too. Plus I have the mega UD Vice lipstick sample set to try. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

This thread was making me want to try it too. Plus I have the mega UD Vice lipstick sample set to try. 

report back on the results @jaxs mom! I'll do the same! Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@maestra wrote:

I enjoy watching Robert Cook (Lancome MUA) on HSN as well. I get a lot of tips from watching.

After reading your post I watch a few Lacome lip product kits on hsn- Robert had great makeup tricks for very subtle (but effective) differences!! My lips were much fuller when younger- a  natural mauve rosey shade so I didn't wear lip products often. At 57 I have to though!

Honored Contributor

My lips are thin, but I don't want a swollen lip look. I have never colored over the Cupid's bow. I prefer a natural but enhanced lip. I use subtle colors of lipstick and gloss that are a bit darker than my natural color. I don't line my lips, but I do use a bit of lighter gloss in the center of both lips. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

I was watching a Mally beauty show a few days ago and she was showing how you can fake the bee stung look of the upper lip (i.e. make the upper lip look bigger) by basically covering up your cupid's bow area ith lipstick/gloss and possibly liner.  I see alot of people with this look  and not sure if I like it because it looks a bit unnatural to me.

So I was curious- do you all prefer to let the cupid's bow shine through, lol, or cover it up to make your upper lip look bigger?

I use lipliner all over my lips. It seems to work because if I use it just on the outer edge to "line" my lips, I don't like the way it wears off. This way it is very natural looking.

My lips are full but nothing like when I was younger where lip gloss was perfectly enough. I use a much lighter lipstick than in youth.

Honored Contributor

I like "natural" lips with a color complimentary to the skin tone.  Don't try to wear red if it looks hideous.  Same with orange.  Cupids bow is a thing I don't have, so I can't comment on it.  My lips seem to go almost straight across.  I'll tell you what I really hate, metallic lip gloss bleeding over the lip line.  I see this on TV and it drives me crazy.  Who is doing the makeup on these women? 

Honored Contributor

I think this kind of thing only works for photo shoots, where the obvious can be removed and tweaked with technology.

Standing next to someone who has used these kinds of "tricks" it is obvious what they've done.  And it looks silly.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Wish I had some kind of lips to begin with...cupid's bow?...what cupid's bow?Woman Frustrated

Do you actually think my avatar is my  lips? Don't I wish!Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

I have the feeling that what I posted earlier that I do with lipstick is not quite the same as others imagine. Perhaps I tweak it. I don't know, but all I can say is that it's so subtle as to almost not noticeable.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland