Trusted Contributor

Predire Paris Anti-Aging Oxygen & Stem Cell Golden Mask

[ Edited ]

I was looking around Rue La La just now and saw this was today's fix.. $39.99 for 16 masks,  Regular price $4300.  Now, we all know that is ridiculious.  I did go to their website and everything is so overpriced...  Has anyone heard of Predire??

Active ingredients: (Cell Renewal Collagen Masks) Water, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Glycerin, Argan oil, hydrolyzed oat Protein, Squalane, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) germ oil, Malt extract, Hydrolyzed casein, Trehalose, Hydrolyzed lactalbumin, Sodium PCA, Betaine Glycoproteins, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum; (Oxygen & Vitamin E Booster Masks) Water, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Glycerin, Argan oil, hydrolyzed oat Protein, Vitamin E, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Squalane, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) germ oil, Malt extract, Hydrolyzed casein, Trehalose, Hydrolyzed lactalbumin, Sodium PCA, Betaine Glycoproteins, Panthenol, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Sodium Hyaluronate, Allantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Parfum

Honored Contributor

Re: Predire Paris Anti-Aging Oxygen & Stem Cell Golden Mask

Personally, I'd avoid anything that included stem cells.  Where do those stem cells come from?   From whom?  

Honored Contributor

There aren't any stem cells in those ingredient lists. $4300 for 16 masks is a joke. I mean, come on. The ingredients are pretty nice. They're just everyday collagen masks without a lot of junk in them. Still...That regular price makes me look askance at the entire product.

I looked at the site too. Looks like complete ripoffs. If anyone actually wants to get this stuff, other than from Rulala, search Predire on Amazon. Much better prices and lots of coupons. They must not actually sell much of that eye cream at $750.

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

There aren't any stem cells in those ingredient lists. $4300 for 16 masks is a joke. I mean, come on. The ingredients are pretty nice. They're just everyday collagen masks without a lot of junk in them. Still...That regular price makes me look askance at the entire product.

I looked at the site too. Looks like complete ripoffs. If anyone actually wants to get this stuff, other than from Rulala, search Predire on Amazon. Much better prices and lots of coupons. They must not actually sell much of that eye cream at $750.

@Porcelain 

That list says "active ingredients."   If there are stem cells ... they are inactive and that raises the question .... why are they in there if they don't do anything?

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA The Ruelala site has a headline that says Stem Cell. But the name of the product is Cell Renewal, not stem cell. So it's renewing your cells, not using plant stem cells.

Stem cells in products are usually plant stem cells. There are exceptions, but companies always state where any human stem cells come from because they don't want anyone to freak out. Usually those are lab created from a bone marrow or fat or skin donor original source. No babies or anything like that!

"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain 

Thanks ... I wasn't aware of that.  I did some googling ... interesting stuff out there.  Don't know what to believe these days (science isn't my area of expertise).  (actually don't have any areas at all!)

From:  www dot justaboutskin dot com/2014/06/plant-stem-cells/

Human stem cells and Plant stem cells do NOT speak the same chemical language

In other words, putting plant stem cells into human skin to trigger the growth or regeneration of new skin cells is physiologically impossible. They each have their own kinds of signaling chemicals. So they can’t understand each other’s signals.

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA You are right. Plant stem cells are just very very pure plant extracts. They are marketed as being like human stem cells. But the results in the manufacturer's tests are from these cultured, pure plant extracts. They can manipulate the plant stem cells under lab conditions to make the extract stronger and without having to cultivate or harvest it. 

So apple stem cells, let's say, would be very pure apple plant cells, just like you would harvest from the apple seedling. They count on us mixing them up with gene therapy and such things.

https://lotioncrafter.com/products/phytocelltec-trade-malus-domestica-apple-stem-cell-extract

It's not my area of expertise either and I have the same lack of such areas as you do. Woman Very Happy I just found skincare stem cells very confusing so I had to look into it. I kept wondering why nobody was growing sprouts from their cheeks if these things were so dang powerful.