Regular Contributor

Re: Prai Ageless throat & dec cream - Is it just me?

I got this in the beauty bash box and started using it about a month ago. I have not noticed any pilling, but I wonder if it is doing anything? 

Honored Contributor

@SandGirl wrote:

I go the BIG tub when it was a recent todays special.

The first time I wore it I only went to the grocery storer, I always put a dusting of bronzer over my neck area just to warm it up, nobody can really tell it's there, it just helps blend my face and neck is all, I have done this for YEARS so it's nothing new, when I got home my neck was pilling all over, the only change I made was the cream.

Then the last couple of days I thought my neck was peeling for some reason, I was like what the heck so I got out my big daddy zoom mirror and sure enough there was more pilling (no bronzer used, I had not left the house)

Looking further, my chest area had the same white 'residue" "pilling" after applying it there.

So many love this but I'm thinking I might be returning it, YES it was a great value and I hate to return it but I am NOT globbing it on, just using it lightly and making sure to rub it all the way in, I have tried this for 5 days now and have the same issue.

Is it only me??? I guess I'll be returning and trying something diff., I was really hopeful because it really is a HUGE tub and great value.

@SandGirl 

Sounds exactly what happens with mixing products.   I put a hand and body lotion on after a shower.  An hour later, after dealing with a crisis, I thought I forgot to put on lotion.   I have no idea why.  Anyway, I decided to use a heavier body lotion to make up for the hour my skin dried after the shower.  

Bottom line ... those two hand and body lotions did not work well together, and I was "piling" all over the place.  What a mess it made.  Finally just took another shower to wash it all off and start over.  

So, I guess what I'm asking, was there anything else applied on your neck, or was it clean, bare skin?  Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

Same here, I’ve even tried it at night - cleanse face, throat, décolleté area, dry, apply nothing but this cream to area.  Within 20 -30 min. it’s pilling.

I’m going back to my Ordinary product and stopping AD.

Funny how it’s nice to know you’re not the only one, isn’t it?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

That's interesting.  I have been using it for a few years and have not had  an issue with pilling.

Respected Contributor

Not just you.  I tried it several years ago.  It was the only product I put on my neck.  Pilled like crazy.  And I did not get any results whatsoever.  Terrible waste of money.  Never got any results from any Prai products that I tried.  

“Do not think only of your own joy, but vow to save all beings from suffering.”
Dalai Lama
Frequent Contributor

Definitely not just you - I bought the large tub, too, and use it one clean dry skin. I've tried just a tiny amount, tried using more...same result every single time. The cream smells amazing and I love the consistency so I keep trying to find a way not to stop the pilling Smiley Sad 

Respected Contributor

@SandGirl   I didn't buy the TS when it was on because I had a smaller jar that I had not yet opened and thought it best for me to start on that before I purchased more.  I did, and like it a lot.  The one thing the presenter said several times addressing the issue of piling is NOT to rub it in more than you have to  or put on too much.   She said it is best if you take a little and apply sparingly but do not rub.  That is how I'm doing it.

Esteemed Contributor

You might try putting it on moistened skin, and yes, more sparingly. Moistened skin helps everything absorb better, and deeper.

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@SandGirl wrote:

I go the BIG tub when it was a recent todays special.

The first time I wore it I only went to the grocery storer, I always put a dusting of bronzer over my neck area just to warm it up, nobody can really tell it's there, it just helps blend my face and neck is all, I have done this for YEARS so it's nothing new, when I got home my neck was pilling all over, the only change I made was the cream.

Then the last couple of days I thought my neck was peeling for some reason, I was like what the heck so I got out my big daddy zoom mirror and sure enough there was more pilling (no bronzer used, I had not left the house)

Looking further, my chest area had the same white 'residue" "pilling" after applying it there.

So many love this but I'm thinking I might be returning it, YES it was a great value and I hate to return it but I am NOT globbing it on, just using it lightly and making sure to rub it all the way in, I have tried this for 5 days now and have the same issue.

Is it only me??? I guess I'll be returning and trying something diff., I was really hopeful because it really is a HUGE tub and great value.

@SandGirl 

Sounds exactly what happens with mixing products.   I put a hand and body lotion on after a shower.  An hour later, after dealing with a crisis, I thought I forgot to put on lotion.   I have no idea why.  Anyway, I decided to use a heavier body lotion to make up for the hour my skin dried after the shower.  

Bottom line ... those two hand and body lotions did not work well together, and I was "piling" all over the place.  What a mess it made.  Finally just took another shower to wash it all off and start over.  

So, I guess what I'm asking, was there anything else applied on your neck, or was it clean, bare skin?  Woman LOL

@Tinkrbl44  Nope, clean dry skin...

Esteemed Contributor

I really like this product and have been using it for years.  Never had this occur, but I wonder if it depends on skin type, maybe one's skin oils??