Honored Contributor

Re: ?Ppl's Choice of Cosmetic Surgery/Procedures?

I don't understand what point you are trying to make.  Cosmetic procedures are valid options for people decide to have them.  

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@ellaphant She is a professional makeup artist. 

Are you referring to Shanus? Yikes she sounds crazy!

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

I had my upper eyelids done. 100% fabulous and natural results. Painless procedure.

My eyes now look exactly as they did before the drooping. I can wear eye makeup again and no more crepey skin! 

I also had my upper eyelids done along with the removal of under eye bags 10 years ago by a plastic surgeon. BEST decision I ever made. NO drooping and  NO bags under my eyes.

Honored Contributor

For myself--I have no issues with any cosmetic surgery people want to get--if they have the money and fortitude to go thru all that , then go for it--if I had the $$$ I would get my puffy eye bags done in a New York minute!!!!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I had Blepharoplasty (upper and lower eyelids) done last year - purely cosmetic reasons. I had a fantastic board-certified plastic surgeon. I would do it all over in a heartbeat.

Medispas don't even do surgeries (at least the one I have been to) so I don't understand that comparison of allowing someone in a medispa to do this. They legally and ethically cannot.

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant   I had my upper eyelids done, but only after so many years of comments from my ophthalmologist that examining my left eye completely was difficult.  But the more convincing reason for me to undergo the surgery was the hope of more light getting into my eyes which did give me a bit more vision.

No pain from the eyelids but the brow lift we did at the same time did mean some of what I call pressure pain.  Nothing frightening though.

Honored Contributor

@TwinkleBell wrote:

I think (or hope) I'm more (healthfully) envious, vs distaining, of ppl's choice for Cosmetic Surgery, & Cosm Procedures.

"Envious," predominantly, because I lack the "courage" (& "funds") myself, to take that kind of (elective) plunge. 

. . But I admit, I'm happy for others, if it works for them, & sad if it ends up some other person's nightmare, or disappointment.

So  ... has society weaned off of distaining, or being critical, of another's choice for such surgical, or professional procedural cosmetic changes for themselves? 

. . . Moved beyond that?

I think it's fairly common place this day and age and people talk about it more freely than before. There will always be critics who judge people who aren't "aging gracefully" because they are not availing themselves of any of the cosmetic procedures out there but I think as long as it's not overdone, it's less of a topic for gossip and is more accepted.

I'm going in for a consult next week to a cosmetic doctor to talk about Botox and filler maybe. I'd rather pay a little more and see an MD than someone who has less training. 

Honored Contributor

@wagirl 

I would get my puffy eye bags done in a New York minute!!!!  

Me too!

I've discovered a LOT of mine is my diet.  When I was recovering from my surgery and all my husband could get me to eat was scrambled eggs and toast in the mornings, my bags went down considerably.  It was either that or a steady diet of oxycodone Smiley Surprised

Frequent Contributor

I had a mini-lift recently and love the results. I did a great deal of research before deciding to go through with it and talked at length with the plastic surgeon who performed the procedure. Granted, the doctor and his wife are longtime friends and I trust him implicitly. My jawline is now lifted, as well as the cheek area. He recommended a few fillers afterwards and everything looks very natural. I did it for myself and never gave a thought about others would say. 

Respected Contributor

@burggirl wrote:

I had a mini-lift recently and love the results. I did a great deal of research before deciding to go through with it and talked at length with the plastic surgeon who performed the procedure. Granted, the doctor and his wife are longtime friends and I trust him implicitly. My jawline is now lifted, as well as the cheek area. He recommended a few fillers afterwards and everything looks very natural. I did it for myself and never gave a thought about others would say. 

Congratulations! 

A friend of mine who had a lot of sagging jowls had a lower lift and neck lift. 

She looks fabulous. Very natural, nothing tight or pulled. You would never know it if you didn't know it. Wow, incredible surgeon