Honored Contributor

Re: Powder foundation recommendations

[ Edited ]

@chiclet,
I recently got Cover Girl clean powder foundation for a little more than $5. It is cruelty free and I like the coverage and how it lasts. 

I wasn't sure about the color ordering online but was surprised how well it matched my face.

I have combination skin too.

If it doesn't work out you haven't lost that over $30 or $40!

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Trusted Contributor

@SilleeMee 

Thank you for the buki brush recommendation.

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred wrote:

@SilleeMee 

Thank you for the buki brush recommendation.

You're welcome @SoCal Bred 

I know that PUR makes their own buki brush and I used it when I first started using PUR foundation powder. But then that brush started shedding badly so I threw it out and got this Honeybee Gardens (they make their own mineral makeup too) mini buki for under $15. This is a great brush if you need to buy a new one. Measures about 4-inches long. Washes up nicely.

download.jpg

Trusted Contributor

I agree with the Lancome Dual Finish & Laura geller Balance and Brighten suggestions.

I would add MAC Studio Fix. 

Lancome was the first wet or dry powder foudation I used.  Not sure why I stopped.  I wore Lancome way back when we only bought fancy make up at the department store, there was always a free gift.  Everyone wore the same $hit. LOL

MAC was very chic when it came along.  Remember Kelly Osbourne had it on an episode of the Osbournes.  LOL.  Jack threatened to throw it out the window.  

I still order Laura Geller from QVC or her website. 

Valued Contributor

Jane Iredale pressed and also Chantecaiile pressed.  I use primer and concealer under whichever one I choose.  They also work well to finish a flawless look over liquid foundation.  Chantecaille has extremely limited shades though.  

Esteemed Contributor

@knin123 wrote:

I have used Laura Geller's Balance-N-Brighten for years and I really like it. It looks best over one of her primers. I actually have to use porcelain and light together to match my skin.

@knin123 

I just wanted to say that I'm a Laura Geller BnB user, and I use Porcelain and Light together as well!  The Porcelain matches my skin perfectly, and then the Light gives me a bit more color.  Interesting to hear that I'm not the only one who does this.  We pale faces gotta do what we gotta do lol.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Lancôme Dual Finish is what I consistently buy again and again and again. It's the best. 

I LOVE that product. It has a heavenly scent when you first apply it and feels luxurious 

but I stopped using it because the finish is very matte- made my already dry skin look even drier. Even over moisturizer. 

Harmonize the World
Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse 

Wow!  After your description of Laura Geller's Balance & Brighten, I may have to look into it!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@chiclet 

I've only used one powder foundation and it's Fenty Powder Foundation.  It was one of my first foundations when I started my makeup buying spree in early 2020.  Used it just last week.  You can use a sponge for a heavier application or a dense brush or for a lighter application, a softer brush.  I think it's a great powder foundation but it's the only one I've used

103.3K loves on Sephora and nearly 4.5 stars.

Fenty Beauty by Rihanna - Pro Filt’r Soft Matte Longwear Powder Foundation 200 0.32 oz/ 9.1 g

Honored Contributor

Bright n Balance was so SO drying on my face.  I use a lot of hydrating products on my face but they were no match for this product.