Respected Contributor

Powder blush colors

[ Edited ]

hey guys I need a powder blush. Have been using cremes and sticks but we all need a powder blush too. I have an old IT palette with a tiny blush in it called Sweet cheeks. Looks pretty good on me. I'm comparing that with the IT Naturally Pretty and NARS Or***m. I hate that crude name but the color looks like it might be good on my complexion. I look best in a peachy pink color. Not too intense. 

Any input? Between these, or a different brand maybe? Tia

Harmonize the World with Barbershop Music
Honored Contributor

I can't help you with that color; I stay away from peach.  But, I do have the Nars Orgasm and wear it on occasion.  I just wanted to mention it is not as intense on skin as it appears in the container.  I use a very light hand with blush since I'm fair and don't want to over-do it. 

I have trouble with creams because as soon as I rub my cheek, the natural color comes through and I can't tell how much I'm applying, then it just seems to disappear.  

Honored Contributor

There are two MILANI baked blushes which are similar to Nars O. 

MILANI Dolce Pink has been often called out for being a dupe but I think the MILANI Luminoso shade is closer to it b/c it has more of a peach color than the Dolce Pink. Either one is good but the Luminoso is peachy pink and the other Dolce is pinky peach.

Esteemed Contributor

@fairydogmother 

I use Benefit Dandelion and it's a lovely light pink. Sometimes they have it in a trial size...which lasted me a very long time.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Respected Contributor

I like Laura Geller blush in Chandelier Glow and Benefit blush in Dandelion. I am older and wary of the clown look, and I think these are nice soft shades.  If your skin tone is darker than medium, these may be too light for you.

Respected Contributor

@kate2357 

We posted the same thing at the same time.  Great minds think alike 😀

Honored Contributor

@fairydogmother 

Another option:

Dear Dahlia's Blooming Edition Paradise Soft Dream Blush in Joy (pink and apricot peach.  $30  I have this shade. 

Clipboard01.jpg

Respected Contributor

Nars Orcasm is the perfect peachy/pink if that's what you're going for.  

Honored Contributor
I used cake blushes and had a bunch of different shades but not the “perfect” one.

I took all my cake blushes and crushed them into powder and mixed them all together. I added a bit of loose powder to tone down the color a bit until I got the shade I wanted.

I have enough powder blush to last me for several years - all the perfect color.

I did the same thing with my cake eye shadow. I rarely ever wear eye shadow these days - but my now perfect smoky shade is there when I do!
Respected Contributor

B86FCE09-097F-4051-AF8B-6C716E82609D.jpeg

Harmonize the World with Barbershop Music