Respected Contributor

Potions and gadgets that really seem to work

Not everything works for everybody-that is a given. I can't make claims that any one product is performing miracles on their own, and it's happenstance that I might have found a combination of things that are working for me.

In a nutshell, I have many medical issues that make me a poor candidate for cosmetic surgery, Botox and fillers.  I lost 80 pounds-feel great, but my face told a different story. Wrinkles, wrinkles, marionette lines-neck suddenly developed a "waddle".  In spite of always having said I would accept age changes gracefully. Yep. That was a beautiful thought when I had none of these problems.

I grabbed a brochure from one of our highly rated medical spas with the idea I was going to avail myself to some of them-expensive though they might be....and then I saw some kind of Beauty Show on the Q: it all started with Nuface Trinity. There are a couple of treatments at the spa that this might fall under-all expensive and involving several sessions. Is medical spa equipment and treatments? Probably-but I've got time.

I began treatments with Nuface and did not see immediate results that day-but the next day I sure did. One of my eyebrows was noticeably dropping-problem solved!.  Nasolabial problem area, a problem no more. Lines from bottom of lip to chin, greatly improved.  Deep wrinkles on forehead, improved but still there. I am still using Nuface and it is with trepidation I am using it on my waddle-as anybody should with any kind of neck treatment. I am doing this at my own risk-using the lightest touch and staying away from major blood vessels.

I knew the Tria for eyes was going to be painful.....it was the first couple of days, but I got past that and I am glad I did. I really saw a vast improvement under my eyes.  I did hit the crow foot area, but that was never an issue.

My moisturizer used-and still used is a combination of three synergistic skincare products made by Dr. Barry Sears. A little goes a long way: I don't need the contents of a full pump..Great hydration, but the skin under my eyes was reptilian in appearance-dry, dry, dry.....and then I saw Peter Thomas Roth's Retinol: I scored two bottles for the price of one!!! Yes-for me, a total game changer-especially under my eyes, and I think it knocked a few fine lines out. You only use it once a day and a little goes a Lon way.

I bought-and use Skin Clinical Reverse tool.  No overnight changes with this one, but LED Infrared treatment is a treatment modality....and the cost is 70 buckeroos for 1/2 hr

treatment.  It is soothing and heavenly-especially on a cold day.  It is different because it is a concentrated source of light.  You do need to move it-it can burn, but I feel it's safe.  I love the collagen building cream that came with it.

I keep reading about Glycolic Acid: it enhances absorption of product.  I bought Oz Naturals, but it doesn't say what strength it is. I like it, but when I finish it, I'm going to try PTR 10%Glycolic. It, btw, is the first thing that goes on.

I saw Boots No7 Protect and Perfect before and afters with real people-love it. Very affordable.

Please read what I wrote about Neutrogena Deep Wrinkle serum on the Josie Marin thread. Wow!

Neck: I have tried several creams: I have some loose skin from a dramatic weight loss that probably needs surgical excision BUT, Nuface  is helping: I'm just beginning to use Skin Clinical there-and Gold Bond Neck Cream is new to me: it did make a noticeable difference the first day-but some days are better than others.  Hydration seems to be a real factor.

What I may start using are these adhesive strips that Eve Pearl talks about in her book and admits to using them herself. They would be well out of sight-and it's an option.

Once again, I think it's a combination of things that are working and these are not equivalent to plastic surgery, but I can see the changes- I get compliments from others, but the best compliment I had came from a doctor who said I looked fantastic-and promptly scolded me because he thought I was getting injectables!!!!

Finally, Dr. Perricone has had a lot to say about the dangers of refined sugars and carbs-they do contribute to wrinkles and wrinkles.....and wrinkles-but the bigger concern is feeding cancer.

I had a rotten diet, and my hair started falling out.  I had brittle hair that was not improved by highlights and perming. I was going bald on the top of my head.  I used Rogaine for Women, and it helped, but cleaning up my diet is what made the real difference.  I stopped the Rogaine over a year ago-I color, but even the gray is slowing down. Other than when I was a child, this is the best condition my hair has ever been in. It's shiny and voluminous-and strong.

Be well-and above all else, let your REAL beauty shine-your own magnificence as the beautiful person you are.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

Re: Potions and gadgets that really seem to work

Happy for you!

I agree, don't fall for all the hype, just find what works for YOU.

Thanks for all the tips.

@Poodlepet2 wrote:

Not everything works for everybody-that is a given. I can't make claims that any one product is performing miracles on their own, and it's happenstance that I might have found a combination of things that are working for me.

In a nutshell, I have many medical issues that make me a poor candidate for cosmetic surgery, Botox and fillers.  I lost 80 pounds-feel great, but my face told a different story. Wrinkles, wrinkles, marionette lines-neck suddenly developed a "waddle".  In spite of always having said I would accept age changes gracefully. Yep. That was a beautiful thought when I had none of these problems.

I grabbed a brochure from one of our highly rated medical spas with the idea I was going to avail myself to some of them-expensive though they might be....and then I saw some kind of Beauty Show on the Q: it all started with Nuface Trinity. There are a couple of treatments at the spa that this might fall under-all expensive and involving several sessions. Is medical spa equipment and treatments? Probably-but I've got time.

I began treatments with Nuface and did not see immediate results that day-but the next day I sure did. One of my eyebrows was noticeably dropping-problem solved!.  Nasolabial problem area, a problem no more. Lines from bottom of lip to chin, greatly improved.  Deep wrinkles on forehead, improved but still there. I am still using Nuface and it is with trepidation I am using it on my waddle-as anybody should with any kind of neck treatment. I am doing this at my own risk-using the lightest touch and staying away from major blood vessels.

I knew the Tria for eyes was going to be painful.....it was the first couple of days, but I got past that and I am glad I did. I really saw a vast improvement under my eyes.  I did hit the crow foot area, but that was never an issue.

My moisturizer used-and still used is a combination of three synergistic skincare products made by Dr. Barry Sears. A little goes a long way: I don't need the contents of a full pump..Great hydration, but the skin under my eyes was reptilian in appearance-dry, dry, dry.....and then I saw Peter Thomas Roth's Retinol: I scored two bottles for the price of one!!! Yes-for me, a total game changer-especially under my eyes, and I think it knocked a few fine lines out. You only use it once a day and a little goes a Lon way.

I bought-and use Skin Clinical Reverse tool.  No overnight changes with this one, but LED Infrared treatment is a treatment modality....and the cost is 70 buckeroos for 1/2 hr

treatment.  It is soothing and heavenly-especially on a cold day.  It is different because it is a concentrated source of light.  You do need to move it-it can burn, but I feel it's safe.  I love the collagen building cream that came with it.

I keep reading about Glycolic Acid: it enhances absorption of product.  I bought Oz Naturals, but it doesn't say what strength it is. I like it, but when I finish it, I'm going to try PTR 10%Glycolic. It, btw, is the first thing that goes on.

I saw Boots No7 Protect and Perfect before and afters with real people-love it. Very affordable.

Please read what I wrote about Neutrogena Deep Wrinkle serum on the Josie Marin thread. Wow!

Neck: I have tried several creams: I have some loose skin from a dramatic weight loss that probably needs surgical excision BUT, Nuface  is helping: I'm just beginning to use Skin Clinical there-and Gold Bond Neck Cream is new to me: it did make a noticeable difference the first day-but some days are better than others.  Hydration seems to be a real factor.

What I may start using are these adhesive strips that Eve Pearl talks about in her book and admits to using them herself. They would be well out of sight-and it's an option.

Once again, I think it's a combination of things that are working and these are not equivalent to plastic surgery, but I can see the changes- I get compliments from others, but the best compliment I had came from a doctor who said I looked fantastic-and promptly scolded me because he thought I was getting injectables!!!!

Finally, Dr. Perricone has had a lot to say about the dangers of refined sugars and carbs-they do contribute to wrinkles and wrinkles.....and wrinkles-but the bigger concern is feeding cancer.

I had a rotten diet, and my hair started falling out.  I had brittle hair that was not improved by highlights and perming. I was going bald on the top of my head.  I used Rogaine for Women, and it helped, but cleaning up my diet is what made the real difference.  I stopped the Rogaine over a year ago-I color, but even the gray is slowing down. Other than when I was a child, this is the best condition my hair has ever been in. It's shiny and voluminous-and strong.

Be well-and above all else, let your REAL beauty shine-your own magnificence as the beautiful person you are.

Poodlepet2

Honored Contributor

a magic wand

wand.gif~c200 (200×200)

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2  I was interested in the Nuface but many of the reviews (on the smaller one) said it wouldn't hold a charge after a few weeks/months of use.  Sounds like you have the larger version of Nuface?  Have you had any problems with your Nuface holding a charge?

Respected Contributor

Itsmagic, I started out with the mini, but the tip of the charging cord broke off in the device.  It takes 16 hours to charge: I was able to use it for 10 minutes at a time....but I canned it. It was well past the warranty, but it did give me results.

The Nuface Trinity was a TSV in either October or the beginning of November: I heard the words "more powerful" and it was a done deal. It takes 12 hours to get a full charge, and it can go for 15 minutes: I've gone over 15 minutes if I needed to finish treating an area.

I use it every day without problems. Initially I used the big ball attachment that comes on any model, but boy oh boy-when I began using the "antenna" attachment-especially under my eyes and lips-wow! The Trinity rests on a charging platform-no pins that can break off.

Their conductive gel is good, but I reserve it for travel because it's not "gloopy".  You have to make sure you use adequate gel, or you will feel a rather unpleasant shock. I overused it in the beginning.  When I am at home, I use Aquasonic Conductive Gel: it's what is used for diagnostic procedures such as ultrasounds.  It's inexpensive ( I recommend the two pack) and available on Amazon.

I would recommend the Trinity over the mini: you can get results with the mini, but the Trinity is more versatile.

Poodlepet2

Respected Contributor

@Poodlepet2

I've been using the mini Nuface and like it primarily for jowls or the beginning of a soft jaw and marionette lines. These lines are exaggerated by scars around my mouth from a childhood disease in  the 1950's.

I'm seeing some improvement and hope to continue to do so. No problems for me charging my mini up; DH loves when I 'massage his face'.

I purchased this b/c of your helpful reviews on the Nuface. Maybe for my next b-day in 2017 I'll breakdown and buy the Trinity. Sephora also has good deals as well as the Nuface website.