Frequent Contributor

Re: Posties if you delete SOME convo! DELET it all!

On 2/7/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 2/7/2014 shoesnbags said: And why is this in Beauty Banter?????
Because the other thread to which she is referring is/was, too.
Yes thank you it was started here, that's why I posted it here
Super Contributor

What?? LOL

Super Contributor

I think I know what thread she is referring to and there was a lot of snark and name-calling deleted before it was closed for commenting. The kind, helpful posts are pretty much still there.

Valued Contributor

I missed the thread. But if one half of the argument was deleted and not the other, melting has a point that needs to be heard.

Super Contributor

What was the thread?

Esteemed Contributor

On 2/7/2014 myshell624 said:

What was the thread?

It was one of those NILS (Name In Lights Syndrome) posts about leaving the cold, cruel world of the Q forum. She said it was due to her political opinion.

LINK

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Honored Contributor

The thread was a poster's swan song because she feels bullied and attacked because she is a conservative.

I so very much wanted to respond, but it was closed by the time I saw it. But she is still ranting on another thread, so I did submit a short comment.

The problem, though, OP, is that this site is privately owned, and we are their guests. There is no presumption of freedom of speech, and they can delete anything they wish to delete.

Personally, although I know that some like the "closed to comments" feature because then no can spin what was said, I think it's silly. Either leave it open or poof the whole darn thing. JMO.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor

On 2/7/2014 nunu4u said:

I missed the thread. But if one half of the argument was deleted and not the other, melting has a point that needs to be heard.

Please forgive me everyone, but yes that was my point. I understand the monitoring system, they are a business and that is there right. I just felt all of it should of gone not some of it, and there were ALOT deleted. I followed it closer today than usually(in bed w/flu) or I wouldn't of even seen it.
Super Contributor

On 2/7/2014 gardensla said:
On 2/7/2014 myshell624 said:

What was the thread?

It was one of those NILS (Name In Lights Syndrome) posts about leaving the cold, cruel world of the Q forum. She said it was due to her political opinion.

LINK

ThanksSmiley Happy If a thread has that many negative comments, the whole thing should have been removed.

Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2014 melting said:
On 2/7/2014 nunu4u said:

Please forgive me everyone, but yes that was my point. I understand the monitoring system, they are a business and that is there right. I just felt all of it should of gone not some of it, and there were ALOT deleted. I followed it closer today than usually(in bed w/flu) or I wouldn't of even seen it.

Hope you get better quickly, melting.

The thread was actually in violation of the Standards here, so it should have been pulled at the beginning anyway. Not only was it political, but also it was clearly a rallying call for divisiveness and fighting.

I do agree that once the comments start getting personal, which of course they would given the opening post, it's time to shut it down. I personally found it to be very insulting and rude.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland