Honored Contributor

Re: Post Mask Lipstick Trends

@monicakm 

I'm very fair, and as I'm aging my natural lip color has morphed into a nice rosy shade.  So - all I need is a lightly tinted gloss to even out the color.

When I decided to go the gloss route, I went to Walgreen's and picked up several different brands in light shades, and ordered a couple from Avon.  All about the same rosy shade.  I have enough to last quite a while.

Unless I'm going to the dentist - I"m wearing lipgloss - mask or no mask.

----------------------------------------------------------------

@monicakm wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

I don't follow trends unless I see something I like.  Never did do the nude lip thing.  Don't care for it.  I'm a colored lipgloss girl too and like you, I've been wearing it before, during and after.  My favs are all of the Rich and Dazzling lipglosses by Too Faced with the pinks and peachy pinks being my favorites.  Depends on what I'm wearing and my eye look.

Honored Contributor

I'm not a trend person with lipstick.  I wear what I think looks good on me.  I am not a really bold lipstick person.  I think those colors often look great on others but I don't like them on me.  I used to love brighter, bolder lip colors on me.      

Respected Contributor

I'm thinking that masks are going to be around for a while, so I'm not going to worry about my lipstick shade for a while.  But, I am going to check out @SilleeMee 's suggestion!

Trusted Contributor

I am really open to a fresh change. Suddenly I am open to a clear cherry, either glossy or matte.

Any recs?

Honored Contributor

I think a lot of women have become more comfortable with a pared down makeup look. Skincare sales have been soaring. 

I still prefer and wear a nude lip liner and colored balm or gloss. That won't change with or without masks.

Trusted Contributor

@FLgardener - I love lipstick! Recently saw on YT a new shade by Charlotte Tilbury called "Nude Romance" - very pretty.

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

I think how full your lips are makes all the difference. Darker shades do not look good on women who have thin lips. It makes them look even thinner. 

Trusted Contributor

I actually rarely wear makeup, preferring to emphasize my natural skin by way of skincare. Full lips are one of my assets and I think its time to show them off.

Super Contributor

Red is my signature color.

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum 

This is SO true!  I have a friend with super thin lips.  She's quite pale and wears the most unflattering shade of dark brick red.  Looks like someone slashed her face where her lips are.  

I don't have what today's society calls full (filled with fillers), but they're naturally plumpish.  HOWever, as I'm getting older, they're fading around the edges making them look less full.