Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pores woah...

[ Edited ]

Lol! @suzyQ3, this is exactly what I was going to say about a Magnifying Mirror! But, now since you mentioned, I'll join in and also say - throw it away! Magnifying Mirror did horrify me even when I was in my 20th.Woman LOL

Now, I look into my man's shaving magnifying mirror only if I have to pull a hair or something.... I never indulge in examining myself in it, I don't want to find things that would upset me for no reason! Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@bunjetto wrote:

Thank you ladies.  Great info here.  I am in my late 60's  and do not expect miracles.  I use/have used quite a few of the products mentioned here.  I thought I was over exfoliating/peeling and now maybe not enough?  I do have good skin it is just my large pores ... of course I am looking in a magnifying mirror lol.  I will check out some of the products mentioned that I have not tried ... and continue to try foundations, primers etc in hopes I will find one that works for me.

As the inimitable Bob Newhart would say: "Stop it!"

Seriously, I've never owned one of those and never plan on owning one of those. Other people don't look at you through a magnifying glass, so why torture yourself over what are more than likely imperceptible faults?

Problem solved.

LOL When I am feeling a little down thinking about my pores or wrinkles, I just take my contacts out and look in mirror and Voila, perfect skin Woman LOL 

The Skinn detox pore is great with his new matte pore reducer and overnight pore reducer...also PC 2% BHA liquid helps a lot...I think Isomer's has a pore reducing serum/cream as well...lots of masking to clear pores out is key! Borghese fango or Skinn vacuum mask! and a good primer...I have been playing with Clone from Signature A and it is nice...seems to help diminish look of pores on nose and upper cheeks (where I have a few "blown out" pores) I found Skinn plasma fusion stick makeup perfect for covering these areas after primer...hope you find something that works for you...and stop using a magnifying mirror!!! Lordy, if I did that, I wouldn't get out of bed for a week hahahah!

Honored Contributor

FYI: there is no ingredient that will 'shrink' pores. Cleansing and exfoliating is the way to change the appearance of a congested pore.

Occasional Visitor

Trusted Contributor

Bunjetto I haven't had great luck with primers. But I did try the L'Oreal Blur primer and that worked a little. Because of that. I tried the L'Oreal Blur foundation and it works great! This is the only liquid foundation I've found that doesn't sink into pores. I just wish it came in more color options. I'm currently mixing two together. I really wish they would promote this more because I really fear they will discontinue it on me!

Valued Contributor

But I need the magnifying mirror to see where I am putting my brows lol.  

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

@bunjetto wrote:

Yeah, me too .... how do you put on makeup without a good mirror?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@bunjetto wrote:

Yeah, me too .... how do you put on makeup without a good mirror?

It's never been a problem for me. A magnifying mirror would just magnify any insecurities I might already have over trivial skin issues, especially as I age.

But I understand that some prefer or need the magnification.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Esteemed Contributor

Skinn Pore Cleanser, vacuum mask, and Pore serum are sure bets. They will make your pores almost invisible. You don't have to disguise; you can clean them out and reduce their size. It's inexpensive and with good and fast results.

Trusted Contributor

I've had good results with Paula's Choice 2% BHA liquid or lotion.