Valued Contributor

What does one do so as not to see pores when using foundations?  Primers?  I have a few.  What am I doing wrong?  I need something that won't show my pores when I wear foundation.  Help please!!!!  Thanks so much

Spoiler
Smiley Surprised

No thought is worth thinking.....
Honored Contributor

Primers help, especially primers with silicone. Not everyone likes primers with silicone, but I think they do a better job of covering pores.

Some foundations work better with pores than others. You might want to check out YouTube videos by Hot and Flashy, whose foundation reviews always include a comment about pores.

You can also try some skincare treatments that help minimize pores, in general.

Trusted Contributor

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector.  This helps cover pores and acts as a primer.

Regular Contributor

Primers don't help hide mine either. The pores under my eyes/next to my nose are huge and nothing has ever made them not show. Some primers and foundations work better than others but they are always still visible. Following this thread in case someone has discovered a miracle.

Respected Contributor

@soonersis wrote:

Clinique Pore Refining Solutions Instant Perfector.  This helps cover pores and acts as a primer.

This is a really good one!

Trusted Contributor

I can't really use this product due to the excessive silicone, but Benefit Porefessional Face Primer is a bit of a miracle in a tube.  I have very large pores around my nose (inner cheek area) and when I apply this OVER my foundation they are completely blurred out.  Not visible.  When I've tried it under my foundation it doesn't work as well.  It is a pretty awesome product in my experience.  

Trusted Contributor

I just looked at the Benefit Porefessional reviews on Ulta and they are really high.  Out of 1600 reviews, the average is 4.4 stars out of 5.  A lot of satisfied people!

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pores woah...

[ Edited ]

Pores do tighten up a lot with correct general skin care.

There are, of course products, claiming to do just that - minimize pores, but in my opinion, this issue relates to general health and condition of one's skin, and should be addressed as such, i.e., taking care of your skin with the products that do skincare job just right for you.

Then your skin has softness, smoothness, brightness, clarity, even tone, and tight pores.

Some foundations are better than others and do not emphasize pores too much. I am sure someone will come along with suggesting which.

I personally very happy with Laura Geller Baked Elements Foundation, Isomers Foundation, IT CC+ Veil Beauty Fluid Foundation Compact and Bare Minerals Complexion Resque. They all work great for me.

Also, I understand the application method of foundation does make lots of difference. Beauty Blender Sponge, I read does the best flawless application job, but I don't know - don't have it yet.

Honored Contributor

SKINN has a pore reducing serum that I use daily after cleansing that shrinks the pores.  I also use Boscia black mask to clean out the pores every so often as well as SKINN's pore cleansing mask.

Honored Contributor

I"ve tried these 3 with excellent results:

NARS pore coverup

Bobbi Brown pores coverup

Sisley pores coverup

They have different names but each is specifically made to cover up pores so they don't show through foundation. They can also be used OVER makeup which is fantastic because during the day, they may appear.