Respected Contributor

Re: Pores on red nose???????????

On 7/19/2014 Katluvr58 said:
On 7/19/2014 BellaCarro said:

Korean Pore Cover. Drying, covers pores very well. HolikaHolika Magic Pore Cover, Missha Pore Cover (they also call their pore covers balms, pore balms). Skinfood has a Peach Sake Pore Cover. Skin 79 had a pore cover on ebay for 4.93 and Free Shipping. The Holikholika Pore Magic Cover Pact BB SPF35 is 10.50 and Free Shipping. I have both and I love, love the Magic Cover Pact. You can put your mu on and brush some of that on and it will cover the redness and make your pores flawless. I can wear that just by itself.

Hmm, now that sounds like it may be worth a look. Which is your favorite?

My HG products are Lioele Gel Foundation (primer, pore cover, concealer, foundation and powder all in one) and HolikaHolika Pore Magic Cover Pact BB which covers pores and flaws or can just be used as a finishing powder. Either product can be used alone or together. The colors are neutral so they are not yellowy like our products. I have a Missha primer which is ok, the HolikaHolika pore cover is good but drying for me, Skin79 is nice but oddly a very pale lavender color which is probably color correcting. I like the Peach Sake on my nose and forehead to control oil, the only oily parts of my whole body that have oil. You can find most products on ebay, amazon, KOV Korean Beauty Products and roseroseshopdotcom also lioeletexasdotcom. Roserose has good prices but they charge shipping. Ebay has two US Sellers cost-sell and goldmiz. Non-US takes about 3 weeks to receive. All of the overseas sellers I've used have been outstanding. One product was lost in the mail so they air shipped another one to me. Another, also lost, refunded me right away. I also order non-mu items from China like nail stamps for .99, nail stickers, mesh laundry bags etc... They are so cheap and free shipping. Almost all Korean products have SPF also.

Thanks, Katluvr. I've read through some of the threads you guys have going with these products. So much info so it was nice to have a synopsis. Hope you don't mind if I pester you again. Is the SPF in most of these chemical or physical? Chemical is normally a deal killer for me. I might be willing to back off of that a bit if the product really is all that. ITA on the yellow tones.
Super Contributor

On 7/19/2014 KatCat1 said:

Do you smoke? I did but I quit but before I quit I did have more redness on my nose & cheeks. Why? I have no idea. but I have a lot less now. I recently purchased Neutrogena's Pore Refining Cleanser to keep my pores clean and so far so good. Under $10. Does not leave any film on your skin when you rinse.

Don't smoke. Pores are clear. Thank though.

Super Contributor

On 7/19/2014 Desertdi said:

green primer

Ha! I ended up with green dots. Although maybe a tinted primer may be the answer.

Super Contributor

Korean Pore Cover. Drying, covers pores very well. HolikaHolika Magic Pore Cover, Missha Pore Cover (they also call their pore covers balms, pore balms). Skinfood has a Peach Sake Pore Cover. Skin 79 had a pore cover on ebay for 4.93 and Free Shipping. The Holikholika Pore Magic Cover Pact BB SPF35 is 10.50 and Free Shipping. I have both and I love, love the Magic Cover Pact. You can put your mu on and brush some of that on and it will cover the redness and make your pores flawless. I can wear that just by itself.

My HG products are Lioele Gel Foundation (primer, pore cover, concealer, foundation and powder all in one) and HolikaHolika Pore Magic Cover Pact BB which covers pores and flaws or can just be used as a finishing powder. Either product can be used alone or together. The colors are neutral so they are not yellowy like our products. I have a Missha primer which is ok, the HolikaHolika pore cover is good but drying for me, Skin79 is nice but oddly a very pale lavender color which is probably color correcting. I like the Peach Sake on my nose and forehead to control oil, the only oily parts of my whole body that have oil. You can find most products on ebay, amazon, KOV Korean Beauty Products and roseroseshopdotcom also lioeletexasdotcom. Roserose has good prices but they charge shipping. Ebay has two US Sellers cost-sell and goldmiz. Non-US takes about 3 weeks to receive. All of the overseas sellers I've used have been outstanding. One product was lost in the mail so they air shipped another one to me. Another, also lost, refunded me right away. I also order non-mu items from China like nail stamps for .99, nail stickers, mesh laundry bags etc... They are so cheap and free shipping. Almost all Korean products have SPF also.

Does the Lioele Gel Foundation have SPF? How is it for coverage? I have some hyper-pigmentation on my jawline. I am always looking for an all in one product. I have tried so many things that are ok, but I'm looking for the "perfect" do all.

Super Contributor

I've been reading this post with interest since my nose is my oiliest part, too, and makeup is tricky.

Katluvr, I've gone onto ebay and purchased the Holika Holika pore cover pact and I'm watching the Peach Sake serum, too.

My fingers are crossed!

I've been loving Revlon's Whipped Colorstay foundation - that stuff covers everything and lasts all day long, all over my face but not my nose. That said, I just need to blot a couple times during the day and it still looks good 13 hrs later. Oh, I also use Mattify mattifying powder, also sold on ebay. I've been addicted to that for over a year now.

Super Contributor

On 7/20/2014 BellaCarro said:

Thanks, Katluvr. I've read through some of the threads you guys have going with these products. So much info so it was nice to have a synopsis. Hope you don't mind if I pester you again. Is the SPF in most of these chemical or physical? Chemical is normally a deal killer for me. I might be willing to back off of that a bit if the product really is all that. ITA on the yellow tones.

BellaCarro I don't mind at all. You have to usually dig deep to find out what the SPF is made of but most that I've dug into have more physical SPF vs chemical. I usually have to google the product to find the complete list of ingredients. The ebay and website give you the water, fruits, etc... that they use. I think it's pretty much a given with the SPF but not a given to us. The Holika powder had a high zinc and titanium dioxide (I hope that's what I mean), I think I posted it under the ASDM post or the Skin 79 post. Hopefully not under the poofed post.

Super Contributor

On 7/20/2014 dionline said:

I've been reading this post with interest since my nose is my oiliest part, too, and makeup is tricky.

Katluvr, I've gone onto ebay and purchased the Holika Holika pore cover pact and I'm watching the Peach Sake serum, too.

My fingers are crossed!

I've been loving Revlon's Whipped Colorstay foundation - that stuff covers everything and lasts all day long, all over my face but not my nose. That said, I just need to blot a couple times during the day and it still looks good 13 hrs later. Oh, I also use Mattify mattifying powder, also sold on ebay. I've been addicted to that for over a year now.

Dionline I will love knowing how you like the products. Myshell just got her Holika cover pact and she wrote telling me she may have to order a backup and one for her purse also. My backup is on it's way to me. Try a sample of the Peach Sake since it goes a long way. You can get several days out of one sample. I have my eyes on some moisturizing pacts for the winter months. If you love lipstick try the Missha, I swear that it is making my lip lines disappear and I am not a spring chicken, lol. Is the Revlon one you are using the new one I've been seeing?

Super Contributor

On 7/20/2014 Kind1too said:

Does the Lioele Gel Foundation have SPF? How is it for coverage? I have some hyper-pigmentation on my jawline. I am always looking for an all in one product. I have tried so many things that are ok, but I'm looking for the "perfect" do all.

Kind1too I think it is SPF37. The coverage is buildable. Currently I need very little to cover. I use it as my concealer under my eyes, on my lids and on any red spots. I have vitiligo (right now the spots are gone) and my go to coverage after years of trying everything to conceal the spots was Rivecowe BB (trial size works). I applied that over the spots, it is white, color corrects just a bit, but it covers the spots really well and has skin whitening properties for over time. Then I would apply my foundation. If need be you can take a smidge of the Rivecowe to cover any spot that pops back up. I found it was better than concealer for me because I needed to lighten the area and not just conceal. Plus you don't end up with heavy mu. Start with the Lioele and see how it covers for you and add the Rivecowe if need be. Also page myshell624 since she is using the Lioele and Holika Powder and she has hyperpigmentation or I can tell her to look for this post.

Super Contributor

Lioele Gel FoundationSmiley Very Happyimethicone, Water, Titanium Dioxide(CI 77891) , Butylene Glycol , Cetearyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Cyclopentasiloxane, Mica, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone , Cyclohexasiloxane, Arbutin, Silica, CI 77492, Dimethicone Copolyol , Sodium Chloride , Silica Dimethyl Silylate , Methicone, Phenoxyethanol, CI 77491, CI 77499 , Honey Extract , Royal Jelly Extract , Soluble Collagen , Hamamelis Virginiana , (Witch Hazel) Extract, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Rubus Coreanus Fruit Extract , Prunus Tomentosa Fruit Extract , Morus Alba Fruit Extract , Lycium Chinense Fruit Extract , Schizandra Chinensis Fruit Extract , Cornus Officinalis Fruit Extract , Pinus Koraiensis Seed Extract , Juglans Regia (Walnut) Seed Extract

Holika Magic Cover Pact:INGREDIENTS: TITANIUM DIOXIDE,ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE,ISODECYL NEOPENTANOATE,PHENYL TRIMETHICONE,VINYL DIMETHICONE/METHICONE SILSESQUIOXANE CROSSPOLYMER,CAPRYLYL METHICONE,DIMETHICONE,NYLON-12,HYDROGENATED POLYISOBUTENE,POLYETHYLENE,C30-45 ALKYL METHICONE,TRIBEHENIN,MICROCRYSTALLINE WAX,IRON OXIDES(CI77492),SORBITAN SESQUIOLEATE,DIMETHICONE/VINYL DIMETHICONE CROSSPOLYMER,POLYGLYCERYL-6 POLYRICINOLEATE,SILICA,IRON OXIDES(CI77491),CAPRYLYL GLYCOL,GLYCERYL CAPRYLATE,FRAGRANCE,IRON OXIDES(CI77499),FRAGARIA VESCA (STRAWBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT,MORUS ALBA ROOT EXTRACT,RUBUS IDAEUS (RASPBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT,VACCINIUM ANGUSTIFOLIUM (BLUEBERRY) FRUIT EXTRACT,EUTERPE OLERACEA FRUIT EXTRACT,NELUMBO NUCIFERA FLOWER WATER,ONSEN-SUI,PRUNUS SERRULATA FLOWER EXTRACT,RICE FERMENT FILTRATE (SAKE) - See more at: http://www.holikaholika.ca/products/bb-cream-makeup/pore-magic-cover-bb-balm/#sthash.BeK9ZeVW.dpuf

Honored Contributor

You can be Santa's lead reindeer.