Respected Contributor

Do you like adding a pop of color into your makeup?  Some people do it on the lips and some people do it on the eyes.  I guess you could pop some color on your cheek too - might look a little odd, though.  

I LOVE to put a blue, green or purple eyeliner on my bottom waterline.  

Trusted Contributor

I have green eyes and usually were a deep purple eyeliner on top lid.  It looks good with the different shades of shadow I wear (champagnes to pinks/lavenders).  It's a pretty pop of color without being too crazy (for me!).

Respected Contributor

I always wear a colored liner. My favorite are the Tarte skinny liners in the color Tiger's Eye, Amethyst and a gray one. I have dark brown/hazel eyes and love how these make my eye color stand out. I very seldom wear black liner anymore. 

Honored Contributor

I like to play with colored contact lenses. It really changes how my eye makeup looks. And I get tired of having dark brown eyes all the time.Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: Pops of color

[ Edited ]

Not anymore.  When I was younger, and maybe some would say, I could pass for pretty, yes!    There were lots of things I liked to do.  Two things off the top of my head....  mascara in colors - blue, green, navy, teal, and also would do gold or silver colored mascara that I would use on the tips of my lashes only.  Also, loved to do an ombre affect with eyeliner; maybe start at the inner corner with green, then teal sort of in the middle, then a sapphire blue at the last third of the line.    What can I say.....it was the 80's !

Honored Contributor

Re: Pops of color

[ Edited ]

No .... I want my eyes to get all the attention.

Honored Contributor

Yes. Sometimes it's bright metallic eyeliner. Sometimes it's lipstick or eyeshadow. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Esteemed Contributor

Hmmm....  I thought the whole purpose of wearing makeup was to accent some areas of the face, and not accent other areas, with colors.   

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Mellie32 wrote:

Do you like adding a pop of color into your makeup?  Some people do it on the lips and some people do it on the eyes.  I guess you could pop some color on your cheek too - might look a little odd, though.  

I LOVE to put a blue, green or purple eyeliner on my bottom waterline.  

No "pops of color" for me, at least in makeup. I stay with fairly neutral colors and balance eyes and lips...bronzer/blush over tinted moisturizer. I save the pops for my neutral wardrobe.

Honored Contributor

@Mellie32,   I definitely change off.  Sometimes I wear a medium shade of lipstick and other times a very light shade.  I usually wear some type of blush because it does wake up your complexion.  For the upcoming Fall, I am looking for a medium, very lightweight foundation.  One of the new ones that last more than 12 hrs., and is waterproof, sweat proof and does not transfer and you don't know you are wearing any foundation.  I normally wear a tinted moisturizer by Laura Mercier and I am considering one of her foundations but I will probably go out to Nordstrom or Sephora or ULTA to try out different brands too.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength