Respected Contributor

Pop Sonic Spade Cleansing & Exfoliating Facial Device

Why are there no reviews? I have been on waitlist since May 4th so there have to be some reviews. 

There are very few reviews on the whole web so I'm wondering if I should cancel.

Anyone have this and have a review? 

Thanking you in advance. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Pop Sonic Spade Cleansing & Exfoliating Facial Device

There are actually two 5-star reviews for the Spade. I can only see them on my tablet and not on my desktop. Try using your tablet or your phone to read them. @Valstybaby 

I have owned a Spade for almost three years. I would also give it a 5-star review.

Honored Contributor

@Valstybaby 

On Pop Sonic's website there are 25 reviews of which 21 of them are 5-star. You can read those reviews at ShopPopSonic dot com, search  Spade.

Trusted Contributor

I bought my Spade on Ebay a while back.  I already owned a few of the ones without a handle. I went for the Spade only because I got tired of having the water run down my arm when washing my face. I really like the silicone "fingers' on the Spade, nice and gentle.  I think you'll like it.

Esteemed Contributor

@Valstybaby - I've had mine about 3 years now and I would give it a 5 star rating. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Valstybaby 

I've been using mine for 2 years.  I wrote a review 2 years ago, so I'm not sure why all the "older" reviews aren't displaying.  I will say I still use my Clarisonic Mia.  I love both and use them interchangeably.  Here is mine from May, 2019.

10DD43CD-D3E8-4D9B-A543-140D0058D46E.jpeg

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Regular Contributor

I've never used those sonic brushes, though just a word to the wise that some have said that they'd gotten broken capillaries from their use.  (The capillaries are the tiny blood vessels at the ends of arteries).  If someone has broken capillaries, it usually shows up like red or pink threads on the skin.  Just a fyi!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@helping1 wrote:

I've never used those sonic brushes, though just a word to the wise that some have said that they'd gotten broken capillaries from their use.  (The capillaries are the tiny blood vessels at the ends of arteries).  If someone has broken capillaries, it usually shows up like red or pink threads on the skin.  Just a fyi!

That may be true for Clarisonic but the Spade is a different kind of brush. It's silicone and it glides across the skin, never pulls or twists the skin. I've never had any problems with broken caps or redness resulting from using my Spade. Going on for almost 3 years now. I have redness and broken caps but not from using my Spade.

Anything can cause broken caps, including a wash cloth, if you're aggressively using it.

Regular Contributor

@SilleeMee I'm glad that the device is working for you.  I've never tried using it myself, including and especially since I have very sensitive skin.  You're right that other items may apparently result in broken capillaries if being too harsh or heavy-handed.  Though, I'd just remembered a trend from users of clarisonic (or other similar types of sonic brushes) that comments were left from those getting broken capillaries.  It was just a courtesy to you all, lol.