Honored Contributor

Re: Pop Sonic SPADE is a Beauty IQ Steal

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I'll have the contrary opinion, because I feel this thread is a safe place  Smiley Happy

For over two years, I've been using a small hand held silicone face cleansing tool/pad that I got from Sephora.  Costs $8, and I can even put it in boiling water to sterilize it if I want.  It looks just like the surface of the Pop Sonic.  It doesn't absorb, it never holds onto dirt and never wears out or needs a charge.  There are similar ones on Amazon.

I know the pad has no sonic power, but my face doesn't need sonic.  The "power" is in the small, soft silicone "nubbies" on the pad, in a teardrop shape that gets in all the nooks & crannies of my face.  It gives me a deep clean, a soft exfoliation, and a light massage, and my skin is now marvelous. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

I know exactly the kind of silicone pad you're talking about. Those are so very convenient to have around and they don't take up any space at all plus they never need recharging which makes it great for travelling. I would like to have one as a back-up to my Spade.

I think what attracted me the most to the Spade is it's handle. That is THE game changer for me. Makes it so much easier to hold and manipulate around my face and neck, especially with my arthritic hands.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

I'll have the contrary opinion, because I feel this thread is a safe place  Smiley Happy

For over two years, I've been using a small hand held silicone face cleansing tool/pad that I got from Sephora.  Costs $8, and I can even put it in boiling water to sterilize it if I want.  It looks just like the surface of the Pop Sonic.  It doesn't absorb, it never holds onto dirt and never wears out or needs a charge.  There are similar ones on Amazon.

I know the pad has no sonic power, but my face doesn't need sonic.  The "power" is in the small, soft silicone "nubbies" on the pad, in a teardrop shape that gets in all the nooks & crannies of my face.  It gives me a deep clean, a soft exfoliation, and a light massage, and my skin is now marvelous. 

@Caaareful Shopper 

I know exactly the kind of silicone pad you're talking about. Those are so very convenient to have around and they don't take up any space at all plus they never need recharging which makes it great for travelling. I would like to have one as a back-up to my Spade.

I think what attracted me the most to the Spade is it's handle. That is THE game changer for me. Makes it so much easier to hold and manipulate around my face and neck, especially with my arthritic hands.Woman Happy

@SilleeMee  Great point, I can definitely see what you mean. Both great tools for what they do.

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper 

You made me go and buy that Sephora cleansing pad...lol! This one for $8 w/free shipping. Now I have a back-up. Thanks!

SEPHORA COLLECTION Facial Cleansing Tool Sephora Quality Way-Nice Price

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee   That's the one! It's small, but mighty. Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

My Pop Sonic Spade will be here tomorrow or Friday.  I'm excited to get it!  I have an electrical socket behind a deep vanity drawer.  My hair dryer stays plugged in and not on top of my vanity.  I'll plug this in that power supply as well and have the cord accessible at all times but not on top of the vanity or have to plug and unplug it.

I watched an episode of Doctorly (of YT) and they talked about this product.  They're combined thoughts were "it's fine".  Not necessary but not detrimental either.  A lot of facial tools are/can be.

Honored Contributor

My Pop Sonic Spade just arrived!  I've got it charging.  The blue light on the bottom is sooo pretty Smiley Happy  Excited to use it but I'm up to my eyeballs in scheduling work.  Parade of Homes is next week!

Honored Contributor

I have a silicone sonic cleansing tool from Amazon.  There are several shape options there and very affordable.  Mine holds a charge for quite a long time. 

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I just looked at the offerings from Amazon.  Some of them are heated.  What is the benefit of a heated silicone facial cleaner?  This might be a good birthday present for mom.

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch 

I just looked at the offerings from Amazon.  Some of them are heated.  What is the benefit of a heated silicone facial cleaner?  This might be a good birthday present for mom.

@monicakm  Some people believe that heat helps topical products penetrate better. The smooth side of the device can be used used for massaging products in, not the nubby, cleansing side.  

Honored Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch 

Thank you Smiley Happy  I think I'll get mom one of these from Amazon.