Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: how long does it take u to get ready in the morning for work?

75-100 minutes (depending on whether or not i showered the night before).....no breakfast or coffee.....i wait until i get to work to eat and/or drink. i have to be wide awake for a little while before i can put food in my stomach.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Contributor

If I have breakfast in addition to getting ready, then it takes 1 hr and 30 min to get out the door. In college, I could get to class in 5 min. Not sure anymore how I did that lol.

Honored Contributor

When i was in nursing school we used to have to wear these horrible bibs and aprons over our uniform and they were not allowed to have even one wrinkle in them, so when we sat down we had to very carefully fold them up over our front. It was beyond ridiculous. Anyway it was a church related hospital and we had chapel for a half hour at 6AM - we could not deal with the ups and downs and folding and unfolding the uniforms so we all stood all through chapel, then we could go to the cafeteria for breakfast but, we only had about 15 min to eat so we all stood to eat breakfast as well. I am certainly glad they have changed a lot of this stuff for nurses now a days - it was so archaic.

Esteemed Contributor

It depends on how much sleep I get the night before.

Super Contributor

I haven't worked in a couple of years, but I need at least an hour to feel relaxed. I get up early anyway and I don't like to rush. I have cut my hair very short which takes much less time to do now, so I really don't need an hour. However, I have other things to do in the morning that take up more time.
Esteemed Contributor

I get up early in order to have a luxuriously slow morning to enjoy coffee, a bit of web surfing, and a long shower. Makes the day really long, but worth it.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

Takes me 45 mins. or less, depending on if I picked out my clothes and jewelry the night before. That cuts down alot of time for me so I don't have to think about it in the morning. I don't eat breakfast until I get to work. I've been doing this for 39 years and my husband just retired. I must admit that not getting up every day and having to be somewhere is sounding more and more appealing to me...

Super Contributor

Although I mostly work at home I still get up at 6:30AM (was up at 5:30 when kids were in school so that's an improvement!) dress right away and am made up by the time my DH gets up. It takes me half an hour to get ready on a normal day but if I have to go out I spend more time putting on make up so add another 15 minutes or so.

It's funny, I'm happiest those times when I get out of the house to go to a job site for a few days! It can be a drag being stuck in the house day in and day out after awhile.

Respected Contributor

i spent so many years rushing in the morning ... trying to get three kids out the door and take care of husband and dogs, etc.

when i found myself off on my own after all those years, i found that i thoroughly enjoyed having myself nice, long, relaxing mornings. so even when i was working, i allowed myself several hours each morning before work, to read up on internet stuff, watch the morning news, do a little picking up and generally take my sweet time.

now that i am retired, i am still slow in the mornings. i love it!

Regular Contributor

I do everything the night before: get my clothes and jewelry out, and make my breakfast and lunch. That way all I have to do is get myself ready.

Including a shower, it takes me about an hour to be ready to leave the house. The alarm goes off at 6 am, and I'm NOT a morning person, so there's no time to do much in the a.m. I have a cup of tea and a small (portable) breakfast when I get to work.