Respected Contributor

Re: Poll: how long does it take u to get ready in the morning for work?

I putz around in the morning, so it takes me a couple of hours. I really do waste an hour just reading online first thing in the am - emails, news feeds, blogs - then I go into the shower and it is another hour, as I am not very organized first thing in the am - I also have to pick out my clothes and iron them

If you can't fix what's broken, you'll go insane ~ Max
Look, I don’t like the taste of broccoli, but it doesn’t get tastier if you call it “Broccoli!”!
You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling. ~ Eames
Esteemed Contributor

On 7/27/2014 catlvr said: From bed to out the door including feeding the cats, 45 minutes.
Impressive.
Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 7/27/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Depends. If I'm showering in the morning, instead of at night - then I need about 1 hour. If not showering, I need about 45-50 minutes. If I'm flat-ironing my hair in the AM, I need a minimum of 2 hours.

Lots of hair, eh?

You'd have to see it to believe it, lol! It's thick and extremely coarse. Also, it's very long (lower back, almost butt-length) for the first time, mostly due to WEN!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/27/2014 betteb said:
On 7/27/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I'm no longer employed, but I still keep schedule in the AM since I need to feed the dog and the cat. If I'm late, the cat will make sure I know it! LOL<br /> <br /> Clothes aren't something I need to worry about anymore....a pr. of comfy pants or old jeans and a casual shirt usually fit the bill unless I need to go out. Depending on how much makeup I want to wear and how much effort I want to put into my hair, I can be downstairs in 30 mins. or an hour. I don't start with my coffee, breakfast, etc. until after the furkids are fed and the dog has been out.

Too cute!!! Two of my 5 cats do this every morning.
Honored Contributor

I miss wearing a uniform to work but I don't miss waking my daughter up in the mornings!
Respected Contributor

I work in health care and wear scrubs and wash my hair at night. So, 20-25 minutes, 30 if I curl my hair instead of wearing it up. The days I work in the office, I try to work out beforehand and it takes me an hour to shower and get ready.
Respected Contributor

When I worked, I was up at 4:10 am. Out the door by 4:30. Stopped at the gas station for my cappuccino, and was at work by 4:50. I had to have the kitchen open by 5am for the cooks. Of course, everything to wear was picked out, and shower taken before bed.

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Goldengate8361 said:
On 7/27/2014 betteb said:
On 7/27/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I'm no longer employed, but I still keep schedule in the AM since I need to feed the dog and the cat. If I'm late, the cat will make sure I know it! LOL<br /> <br /> Clothes aren't something I need to worry about anymore....a pr. of comfy pants or old jeans and a casual shirt usually fit the bill unless I need to go out. Depending on how much makeup I want to wear and how much effort I want to put into my hair, I can be downstairs in 30 mins. or an hour. I don't start with my coffee, breakfast, etc. until after the furkids are fed and the dog has been out.

Too cute!!! Two of my 5 cats do this every morning.

{#emotions_dlg.lol}

Respected Contributor

I need at least an hour for making myself presentable plus quick breakfast . I would love to have 2 hours,but it is not going to happen, so 1 hour for me.
Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 BellaCarro said:

Depends. If I'm showering in the morning, instead of at night - then I need about 1 hour. If not showering, I need about 45-50 minutes. If I'm flat-ironing my hair in the AM, I need a minimum of 2 hours.

Lots of hair, eh?

You'd have to see it to believe it, lol! It's thick and extremely coarse. Also, it's very long (lower back, almost butt-length) for the first time, mostly due to WEN!

me too! I think it's a combination of wen and no longer using a hairbrush (comb only)