Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: how long does it take u to get ready in the morning for work?

On 7/27/2014 Rooney1 said:

From crawling out of bed at 5/5:15 - shower, hair, make-up, getting dressed, jewelry and feeding the cats Smiley Happy - it takes me 45-60 minutes. I usually braid or put my hair in a pony (so much easier for school) and do minimal make-up (tinted moisturizer, a hit of bronzer to warm up my skin, eyeliner - upper inner r i m, and mascara to open the eye.)

I decide what to wear before I go to bed. I typically wear colored denim jeans, a blouse of some sort and some sassy shoes. I like to be comfortable for school because I don't have time nor the inclination to fuss with my cloths while teaching...

thank you for what you do: :-)
Super Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Andreatoo said: I get up and then sit on my butt in front of the TV for a few moments while I take my meds. then I walk into the kitchen and make coffee, jump in the shower, brush my teeth do my makeup then I get dressed. Put my breakfast together, usually fruit, make my coffee frozen in my ninja, put a straw in it and walk out the door! Generally an hour. I eat my breakfast later on at my desk. I can not eat when I first wake up

Me either... I don't know how people do it. I have to sort of let my stomach wake-up I guess... I stop for coffee on my way to school, then food before the first bell at 7:30.

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Feline Fine said:

Do you, Golden, or anyone else here do as much as possible the night before (like lay out clothes & accessories), so that you can more easily deal with the next morning?

I do. It takes me awhile to get moving in the mornings so I do as much as possible the night before.

I set my alarm and hour before I want to actually get up, so I can take my meds and go back to sleep while they kick in.

I work a blue jean job, so there is not a lot of fussing to do, so 45 to 60 minutes from the time I actually get up.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

I try to shower at night and wash my hair so I can let it dry. Takes me about 45 minutes to get ready (makeup, hair and clothes). But during the year I get up at 5:30 - 6:00 to make my kids breakfast. I pack my lunch and make my breakfast while I cook for them and eat breakfast right after they leave. Then I get ready and leave.

Respected Contributor

When I had a corporate career in NYC, I was out of my apt. in 45 minutes….. Now, I get up, walk the dogs, feed the dogs, make a smoothie, check emails, check in here, etc. I need around 2 hours for all of that!

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/27/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I'm no longer employed, but I still keep schedule in the AM since I need to feed the dog and the cat. If I'm late, the cat will make sure I know it! LOL

Clothes aren't something I need to worry about anymore....a pr. of comfy pants or old jeans and a casual shirt usually fit the bill unless I need to go out. Depending on how much makeup I want to wear and how much effort I want to put into my hair, I can be downstairs in 30 mins. or an hour. I don't start with my coffee, breakfast, etc. until after the furkids are fed and the dog has been out.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Super Contributor

From bed to out the door including feeding the cats, 45 minutes.
Honored Contributor

This was one very good thing about nursing - you wear scrubs so no decisions to be made - just any clean top or pants and you are all set. I would take a quick shower and blow dry my hair in 15 min. makeup 10 min and let the dog out to potty once or twice and I was out the door in 40min or maybe less.Unfortunately I had a 35 to 45 min drive to work and then had to find a place to park or I could save a few bucks and park in employee parking off site then i had to be there at least 45 min before I had to start work because we had to wait for a bus and there were so many waiting sometimes that wait was very long. If they would have sold breakfast at that parking lot they would have made a fortune. I liked to grab a coffee and bagel at the coffee cart on my way in to my unit, and there would also be a line there.So I ended up having to get up at 5AM to start work at 7AM.

Respected Contributor

On 7/27/2014 Colonel Meow said:

Depends. If I'm showering in the morning, instead of at night - then I need about 1 hour. If not showering, I need about 45-50 minutes. If I'm flat-ironing my hair in the AM, I need a minimum of 2 hours.

Lots of hair, eh?
Honored Contributor

2.5 hours. I don't believe in rushing beauty!
Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.