Trusted Contributor

Re: Poll: how long does it take u to get ready in the morning for work?

From the time I get out of bed to out the door, it's about 1 hour. Wash, dry, style my hair, makeup, get dressed, make the bed, say goodbye to the DH, say good morning to the rabbit, and pack my breakfast and lunch.

Honored Contributor

On 7/27/2014 JeanLouiseFinch said:

I'm no longer employed, but I still keep schedule in the AM since I need to feed the dog and the cat. If I'm late, the cat will make sure I know it! LOL

Clothes aren't something I need to worry about anymore....a pr. of comfy pants or old jeans and a casual shirt usually fit the bill unless I need to go out. Depending on how much makeup I want to wear and how much effort I want to put into my hair, I can be downstairs in 30 mins. or an hour. I don't start with my coffee, breakfast, etc. until after the furkids are fed and the dog has been out.

Oh, I wouldn't say that. Smiley Wink

You're still employed, only now it's as a personal assistant to both of your furry kids. 8)

Respected Contributor

I do 45 minutes includes the shower and catch breakfast at wendys

Honored Contributor

30 - 45 minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

I like an hour - so I don't feel rushed - can pull it off in 45 minutes

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Super Contributor

It's been 3 years since I had to get ready for work. It took me about 30 mins. for shampoo and shower. I then got dressed, walked downstairs let the dog out, poured my cup of pop and left. I didn't wear makeup to work, just let my natural beauty shine. LOL! Actually I had to set my alarm 45 mins early just so I could hit snooze a half-dozen times. Sleep was more important to me than beauty.{#emotions_dlg.w00t} Also I let my hair air dry. Many times in the winter it froze. Since my early retirement I have learned to take care of my skin and wouldn't go out without my BB cream. (and maybe a lot more)Wink

Esteemed Contributor

It takes me about 50 minutes to get ready for work. I do not eat breakfast or drink coffee until I arrive at work. This is with me picking out my clothes the night before and making my lunch if I plan on taking one at night as well.

I tend to watch the news as I am getting ready in the morning and I believe this is what slows me down.

Valued Contributor

Two hours for sure...more if I could get it! Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I've said it before...I'm a complete mess in the morning. I am not a morning person at all. The alarm goes off at 6 for DH and he hops right up out of bed. I go back to sleep until 6:45 or 7:00 and have to be at work at 8. That means I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Many times I have to apply mascara when I get to work because I run out of time at home in the morning.

I don't eat breakfast or drink coffee at home. I'm another that can't eat until later in the morning so I have a breakfast bar or something at my desk.

I generally have no idea what I want to wear so I'm digging through my closet tossing things everywhere and sometimes changing 2 or 3 times before I get out the door. Then I'm running through the door at work like a maniac at the last possible minute.

I don't know what to do to get myself on better track. Going to bed earlier didn't help me get up better and even when I could get myself up earlier, I'd diddle around and end up in the same manic state trying to get ready.

Honored Contributor

On 7/30/2014 LipstickDiva said:

I've said it before...I'm a complete mess in the morning. I am not a morning person at all. The alarm goes off at 6 for DH and he hops right up out of bed. I go back to sleep until 6:45 or 7:00 and have to be at work at 8. That means I'm running around like a chicken with it's head cut off. Many times I have to apply mascara when I get to work because I run out of time at home in the morning.

I don't eat breakfast or drink coffee at home. I'm another that can't eat until later in the morning so I have a breakfast bar or something at my desk.

I generally have no idea what I want to wear so I'm digging through my closet tossing things everywhere and sometimes changing 2 or 3 times before I get out the door. Then I'm running through the door at work like a maniac at the last possible minute.

I don't know what to do to get myself on better track. Going to bed earlier didn't help me get up better and even when I could get myself up earlier, I'd diddle around and end up in the same manic state trying to get ready.

OK, here's what I HAD to do, to get sort of "ok" with morning.

1. Make SURE your wardrobe has enough dresses (easiest!) or tops and bottoms so that you always have something to wear. It sounds simple. It is not. Get rid of things you HATE, and be sure you have plenty of neutral bottoms and tops you like to wear.

2. Shoes--I know you like shoe shopping, so I'm sure for YOU that isn't an issue.

3. Take a shower before bed and do a minimum of cleaning a.m.

4. Get a haircut you can manage. Investigate modern products to help style and talk to your stylist. Some days I literally run my fingers through mine with a little product.

5. Find a BB product you like and smear that on--it takes about a minute to make it look good. Find a good eyelid base in a neutral color that brightens the eye are and smear that on then pat out. Use ONE COLOR on your lids--maybe a pink or something that brightens your look. Use an easy eyeliner, mascara and call it good! IF you have time, blush and eyebrow pencil.

6. YOU MUST PICK OUT YOUR CLOTHES THE NIGHT BEFORE. NO EXCUSES, no problems.

The biggest plus for me was being SURE my closet was filled with things easy to wear, comfortable, and nice looking. Think also about accessories that are easy to use and upgrade the look of simple clothes.

It CAN be done. I was the world's worst! OH and put keys in one place and one place only, and have sunglasses, keys and electronics in ONE place where you can grab them.

EVERY WEEKEND, dump your purse and tote on the bed and clean it out and repack with only what you need.