Respected Contributor

Re: Poll: When you have a full face of m/u (ultra glam) DO you look like yourself or.....

I also look like me, only better (I hope!).  I just try to get rid of my dark circles, lighten and color my lids, and eyeliner so that my eyes can be found!  A little blush and lip color.  Not much, not fancy, but it's all that I do.

Respected Contributor

Re: Poll: When you have a full face of m/u (ultra glam) DO you look like yourself or.....

@MsCatLuver wrote:

like another person (alter ego)?

I just started watching m/u tutorials on youtube.  There are several Youtube m/u professionals who look radically different when wearing makeup looks ... I mean transformed to the point of not even looking like themselves w/o makeup. Not a criticism. I just find their artistry amazing.  

When I apply full glam m/u I still look like myself.  However, I remember  a couple of sorority sisters looking totally different with and without makeup.  HOW ABOUT YOU?

I look like me, because even at my glammiest, I'm augmenting my features, not attempting to transform them. I don't contour or play with making things more or less prominent. But I agree that stage makeup is a different ballgame. In my last show, I was sorta zombified, and I played a man. Even I struggled to find myself in group photos, despite knowing where I was standing and what I was wearing Woman LOL

@SahmIam Jennyanydots is one of my favorite cats, because she taps. So fun!

Honored Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:

like another person (alter ego)?

I just started watching m/u tutorials on youtube.  There are several Youtube m/u professionals who look radically different when wearing makeup looks ... I mean transformed to the point of not even looking like themselves w/o makeup. Not a criticism. I just find their artistry amazing.  

When I apply full glam m/u I still look like myself.  However, I remember  a couple of sorority sisters looking totally different with and without makeup.  HOW ABOUT YOU?

@MsCatLuver  I can’t say I ever do “glammed up”, but w/ full foundation, all eye makeup, brows, liner, lips, etc....the works, I look like my Mother....she’s 90 and still wears Hot Coral Revlon lipstick and blue liner, Bless her heart. That’s why I back off, stay natural & neutral even when fully made up...so I can look like me, but better. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

There's a lot of filters and photoshopping going on on yt, Instagram and SC. No one looks like their real selves anymore.

@SilleeMee  I agree. Smoke and mirrors. 😜

Honored Contributor

@Texasmouse wrote:

People rarely see me without makeup.  Do I look different without it? Let me put it this way. If I was in the Witness Protection Program I could go out bare-faced and never have to leave my city.

@Texasmouse  😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Esteemed Contributor

My idea of a full face of makeup is to look like me, only enhanced.

I do not want my eye liner to go slanted up to my forehead, I don't want my cheekbones to look like disco balls, I do not want my eye lashes extended beyond my nose, I don't want pink cheeks, and I don't want my face smothered in colored ****** and powder.

Nor do I want to use a jack hammer to remove this all at night!

Honored Contributor

There is a psych syndrome  (I wish I could remember the name of it ) where ladies feel they need to wear all this MU so they can hide themselves. It's the only way they can make themselves go out into the world - if they feel no one sees them through their make up.

I went to nursing school with a girl who wore tons of MU - even those of us living in the dorm with her never saw her without her total face on - and it was a lot. Even her room mate said she doesn't take it off until I'm asleep and when I get up in the morning she already has it on.As it turned out - this girl had a breakdown in our second year and didn't ever finish school.

Makeup is very important to some people.I see women all the time here in the pool with full MU on.

Honored Contributor

When fully made up, I look like a much hotter version of myself!

Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

There is a psych syndrome  (I wish I could remember the name of it ) where ladies feel they need to wear all this MU so they can hide themselves. It's the only way they can make themselves go out into the world - if they feel no one sees them through their make up.

I went to nursing school with a girl who wore tons of MU - even those of us living in the dorm with her never saw her without her total face on - and it was a lot. Even her room mate said she doesn't take it off until I'm asleep and when I get up in the morning she already has it on.As it turned out - this girl had a breakdown in our second year and didn't ever finish school.

Makeup is very important to some people.I see women all the time here in the pool with full MU on.

I don’t see the cause effect here.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

@151949 wrote:

@151949  Insecurity?