Contributor

Re: Poll: When you have a full face of m/u (ultra glam) DO you look like yourself or.....

Some women don't think they need makeup to look good and don't wear it much.

Those women must be good looking to begin with.

I am not good looking. I am 70 years old and I look it. When I was 30 years old I looked it. And I don't have the face that can go to work or out to play without applying foundation and eye makeup. I can pass with the rest of you when I do that.

For those of you who swear you don't put on makeup or don't care to wear makeup, congrats. I hope your mirror doesn't lie.

Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: When you have a full face of m/u (ultra glam) DO you look like yourself or.....

I don't really do "glammed up" make-up ever.  Even if I am going to a formal event, I might do a red lip and false lashes instead of what I normally wear but that's about it.  I do wear a full face of make-up every single day to work and if I'm going out to dinner, etc on the weekend.  I think I look like an enhanced version of myself with full make-up.

However, I have a very good friend who looks totally different with just normal, everyday make-up.  She has blonde hair so her brows and lashes are blonde.  Without mascara and brow pencil it almost doesn't look like she even has lashes or brows. 

Honestly the first time I saw her totally bare faced I had to do a double take.   

Honored Contributor

I always look like myself.  My full face of makeup is using Laura Mercier's oil free tinted moisturizer.  I hate anything that looks cakey or fake.  If I use an eyeliner it is NOT black and I smudge it.  I wear a little cream blush, mascara in dark brown and lipstick.  When I was in growing up and into my mikd 50's, I never wore any liquid makeup on my face just a little blush.  Not bragging but I was blessed with very good skin (genes).  Cat Happy

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

When I was working wearing MU to work was hopeless. We had to wear surgical masks on & Off repeatedly all day so they would just rub your MU off the bottom half of your face. Beside that we had to work our workday then be on call at least 2 days a week , & on those days you frequently were there working 24 hours. By then you definitely had no more MU on. For all these reasons I just didn't bother to wear MU to work. I always had good skin anyway - lucky in the gene pool. 

Super Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

However, I have a very good friend who looks totally different with just normal, everyday make-up.  She has blonde hair so her brows and lashes are blonde.  Without mascara and brow pencil it almost doesn't look like she even has lashes or brows. 

Honestly the first time I saw her totally bare faced I had to do a double take.   

@Lipstickdiva This is EXACTLY  the point of my post...women who look COMPLETELY different when wearing makeup.  As I stated previously, I've know a few.

Esteemed Contributor

I suspect that if you asked most of those YouTubers the same question, they would likely tell you that they don't look like a different person, just an improved version of themselves.

In other words, I think most people would answer that they still look like themselves even with a full face of makeup, because that's how a person sees it from their own point of view.

And perhaps some people don't feel like themselves without makeup on...?  So asking them if they look like themselves when they are in full glam would probably seem like a ridiculous question to them.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Honored Contributor

My full makeup is very subtle ... I always look like myself.  

Contributor

Interesting poll.  When I first began to wear makeup and had no idea what I was doing, I would look a lot different than myself. It took me awhile to learn how to apply it so that it would look more natural.  So in the past, No ... once I learned, yes I look like myself.  My skin is more even toned with makeup and my eyes and lips are enhanced.