Respected Contributor

Re: Poll: How much (using a %) have your favorite skincare products IMPROVED your OVERALL appearanc

[ Edited ]

Sunscreen has improved my skin over the years. Have been using Retin A for over 20 years and that probably has also helped with the smoothness and texture of my skin. I was 69 two weeks ago. When I see women my age, I notice that their texture looks so rough. Of course many of them still expose themselves to the sun. I have been told that I haven't aged but I definitely see that I have. Without the use of these two products, I probably would look much worse I guess. I do believe that a proper diet and a fitness plan are also a necessity to help to slow down the aging process.

Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: How much (using a %) have your favorite skincare products IMPROVED your OVERALL appearanc

@MsCatLuver wrote:

For example, my daily regime of products include (not in order) : vit C. cleanser, vit. C serum, Lactic acid formulation serum, matrixyl(SP?), sunscreen, lavish lash, neuropeptide cream., and retin A.

From just looking at photos from last year...I think my skin & overall appearance (sans makeup) has improved about 50%.  Measured by improved firmness, less fine lines, more & longer eyelashes, less hyperpigmentation.

How about YOUR results?

@MsCatLuver I can look back 5 yrs. and see little change except 80% improvement, but I started from a good place. My derm agrees. I don’t use lash products, so can’t speak about that. My skincare routine has been the same w/ the addition of PTR Unwrinkle Peel Pads. Protect, treat and moisturize works for me, so I stay with the same products ya’ll are tired of hearing about. 

Super Contributor

@Shanus  How do you like the PTR Unwrinkle pads?  Have you noticed significant improvement in Skin wrinkles? TIA

Honored Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:

@Shanus  How do you like the PTR Unwrinkle pads?  Have you noticed significant improvement in Skin wrinkles? TIA

@MsCatLuver  Although they’re called “Unwrinkle Pads”, I think it’s a misnomer. They have alpha, beta acids, botanicals and antioxidants. Meant for daily use, they’re a good exfoliant. I think my skin looks more clear & brighter. Unwrinkle? Just a word to get women to purchase it. 

Super Contributor

@Shanus  Thanks for your feedback...brighter skin sounds great to me.  However, not happy about the misnomer (no effect on wrinkles) Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@MsCatLuver wrote:

@Shanus  Thanks for your feedback...brighter skin sounds great to me.  However, not happy about the misnomer (no effect on wrinkles) Smiley Sad

@MsCatLuver  Smile 😜. My Retin A at night and Vit. C serum along w/ moisturizers take care of wrinkles. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know how much skin care has changed my skin. I wear sunscreen every day but I still deal with age spots and melasma. Every winter I do a salicylic acid peel at home to deal with the obvious age spots.

Honored Contributor

The best item for me, hands down is using Mederma Facial Cleanser, formerly called Aqua Glycolic.

This product has totally turned around my clogged pores in just 2  minutes in the daily shower!!!  No scrub, no scratching.  I also have delicate skin.

Image result for aqua glycolic

Respected Contributor

I felt like I looked good until I hit my 60s and now I feel like I am aging fast.  As far as products it is hard to say.  Maybe they have improved skin coloration or brightness but the age is still there. 

Honored Contributor

We can use a boatload of skincare...the best, most expensive that’s available, but we still will all age. If affordable or important enough to you, there are injections, lasers, cosmetic surgery. Eventually, even all these procedures will not be enough to stop us from looking our age.

It bothers me that we are chasing something that’s not attainable. It’s not our fault. Today is a youth driven culture and many over 25-30 feel they look ancient or don’t measure up. We can only do the best we can to look the age we are...maybe 5 yrs. younger without surgery. 

It can either be depressing or we can look inward at the gifts we have been given that are not superficial. Plexaderm (whatever the product is called) and others that temporarily take wrinkles away...what’s the point? Be the best YOU that you can be inside and out. Lecture over.