Super Contributor

Poll: How much (using a %) have your favorite skincare products IMPROVED your OVERALL appearance?

For example, my daily regime of products include (not in order) : vit C. cleanser, vit. C serum, Lactic acid formulation serum, matrixyl(SP?), sunscreen, lavish lash, neuropeptide cream., and retin A.

From just looking at photos from last year...I think my skin & overall appearance (sans makeup) has improved about 50%.  Measured by improved firmness, less fine lines, more & longer eyelashes, less hyperpigmentation.

How about YOUR results?

Honored Contributor

Re: Poll: How much (using a %) have your favorite skincare products IMPROVED your OVERALL appearanc

Oils have balanced out my skin (Marula oil).  No more dry skin in the winter.I do not indulge in anti-age products.  I also love Josie's Argan Milk which makes your skin feel wonderful and brightens it up.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Poll: How much (using a %) have your favorite skincare products IMPROVED your OVERALL appearanc

[ Edited ]

Probably 75% “improvement” from using a good sunscreen every day. I honestly have no confidence that my other skincare products are doing anything meaningful to make me look better. I can say that they feel good and relieve me of dry skin.

Respected Contributor

I’ve been using quality skin care products for probably 20 years, specifically a retinoid, vitamin c and sunscreen. I’ve added some new products in recent years, and measure my results by continued even skin tone, etc.  I figure if I’m holding steady, that’s progress!

Honored Contributor

I am 68 , I have always taken care of my skin. I exfoliate, use serums and moisturizer. That being said, although my skin is clear and healthy looking, I still look like I'm in my 60's. I think I got away with looking 10 years younger using higher end state of the art skin care, until I reached 65. I think it's pretty hard to look 10 years younger after that age just using creams, lotions and potions.

Honored Contributor

Nothing much has 'improved' but I think I have managed to slow down the aging process by using sunscreen and Retin-A. I wonder what I would look like now if I hadn't used those two products for all this time? I suspect that I would look older. So no, nothing has improved because of a skin care potion. I try to keep things in check before things start to go south rather than try to fix any damages done from neglect.

Honored Contributor

Skincare? Not so much.

Nutrition? HUGE

As soon as I eliminated animal products/byproducts &

processed food (oils), my skin benefitted from less inflammation.  

The foods I eat are naturally hydrating & good for blood

circulation, so pretty skin is just a nice side effect.

Honored Contributor

Your face is not the only place that ages....your entire frame ages...how you carry yourself is a huge age giveaway. 

Honored Contributor

The best thing I did for my skin is not wear makeup on a daily basis.  Mostly the aging I see is sagging and loss of volume.  However, my complexion is really nice.  The brand I almost always am using is M Asam.  I mix in other brands, but that is my go-to.  I also have started using a retinol and I even think I'm seeing some results in skin clarity with the Elemis although that also could be the retinol.  I don't wear sunscreen on a daily basis.  I see no use since I'm inside more than out.  I do wear sunscreen when I know that I will be outside.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

100% improved. Same answer as how much my favorite shampoo and toothpaste have improved my hair and teeth. Wouldn't want to be without them!

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr