Trusted Contributor

A neighbor has had all kinds of lip and face plumping.

In person it looks so odd and unnatural. I have to stop myself from staring.

The ironic thing is that it usually makes the person look older.

Esteemed Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

I honestly don't get it.  By accident I discovered the Housewives show from Beverly Hills over the weekend and some of them have lost their mind as have the doctors.  I am always a live and let live person but I sometimes wonder if the Hippocratic oath applies in plastic surgery.  

Yesterday I was watching "The Bold and the Beautiful" and I did a double-take when Steffy's lips looked inflated. She is such a pretty young woman, I just can not understand why she would do something like that to herself??

@Trinity11 .... Steffy was such a beautiful young woman but, the last time I saw her I didn’t even recognize her ... she has had so much plastic surgery.... so sad😢

Trusted Contributor

I don't like it the big fish lips look.  I think the injections can become addictive for some women. 

Lisa Rinna???   

Honored Contributor

@Quinny wrote:

I don't like it the big fish lips look.  I think the injections can become addictive for some women. 

Lisa Rinna???   

I saw a TV show about her surgery to have her silicone lip implants removed. They showed her with stitches on her lips afterwards and she said something to the effect of not liking to be known for overly-large lips so she had them reduced.

Respected Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

How do you feel about this trend of having super large lips from obvious lip injections? Watching Mally's presentation, it looks like most of the models are adapting this "look."

I have noticed QVC hosts who have had injections.  None of my business and their choice!

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Respected Contributor

My lips never bothered me..I liked them, not too big, not too small.."Nature" seems to kind of know what is best..

BUT..in the last 5 years or so, my lips are disappearing! It seems they are "fading" right into my face..There is no longer a clear demarcation where they end, and my skin "begins" if that makes sense..Also, tiny lines are making their way to unify, my lips to my skin..larger lips , i think, might smooth out these lines..

I would like my more youthful lips back..but do not want to have injections or surgery...