Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@Shepherd wrote:

Trinity11, this "trend" has been around for a long, long, long time. Have you just noticed? So many have pumped up their lips with botox that jokes have been made & derms & plastics are very conscious of not doing this. Natual looking lips is the trend. Not flat lips or duck lips.

@ShepherdI guess you could say that I notice it now more than ever. Even some of my friends are starting to have lip injections and we are just ordinary, retired women. It seems it is not just Hollywood anymore..

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 I have never seen that show but a certain someone who was on DOOL back in the day and is now also on the Housewives show shocked me when I saw her on tv.  I know she does business at the Q and I don't want to disparage a vendor but we've gone waaay to far in my opinion.  

Valued Contributor

I don't like it at all. But, maybe the person (or people) that gets the lip injections does like it.

Respected Contributor

The majority of these people look horrible.

I remember when Pat James Dementri had lip injections. 

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

.@Laura14 wrote:

I honestly don't get it.  By accident I discovered the Housewives show from Beverly Hills over the weekend and some of them have lost their mind as have the doctors.  I am always a live and let live person but I sometimes wonder if the Hippocratic oath applies in plastic surgery.  

Yesterday I was watching "The Bold and the Beautiful" and I did a double-take when Steffy's lips looked inflated. She is such a pretty young woman, I just can not understand why she would do something like that to herself??

Not only Steffy but Hunter Tylo (who I always thought was so beautiful until she did all that to her face) who plays her mother can't even show any expression - just moves her eyes wildly about!!!  With lips so plumped up how can they even eat properly!??  I would also think that it would feel strange limiting movement around your mouth.  I watched enough botched to see some horrific things!! 

Although there is a woman where I live that I see often.  She did get lip injections but did not go overboard with humungus lips.  Her lips look great and natural!  

Honored Contributor

@Pook wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

.@Laura14 wrote:

I honestly don't get it.  By accident I discovered the Housewives show from Beverly Hills over the weekend and some of them have lost their mind as have the doctors.  I am always a live and let live person but I sometimes wonder if the Hippocratic oath applies in plastic surgery.  

Yesterday I was watching "The Bold and the Beautiful" and I did a double-take when Steffy's lips looked inflated. She is such a pretty young woman, I just can not understand why she would do something like that to herself??

Not only Steffy but Hunter Tylo (who I always thought was so beautiful until she did all that to her face) who plays her mother can't even show any expression - just moves her eyes wildly about!!!  With lips so plumped up how can they even eat properly!??  I would also think that it would feel strange limiting movement around your mouth.  I watched enough botched to see some horrific things!! 

Although there is a woman where I live that I see often.  She did get lip injections but did not go overboard with humungus lips.  Her lips look great and natural!  

I used to think that Hunter Tylo was perhaps one of the most beautiful women in the world. Now she looks like she had a plastic surgeon completely re-arrange her face. It is really sad @Pook.

Super Contributor

@Laura14if I remember correctly the person you are talking about has had plumped lips since she first appeared on DOOL and that was in 1992.  She was the first one I noticed that had lips plumped.  I'm not sure when this lip thing started.

Honored Contributor

If people think they look good, it's up to them.  Some of them go way overboard for my taste and it's not something I personally would do because I'd end up looking ridiculous I'm sure.  Some have their lips so plumped, they can't speak correctly and it actually looks painful.  But again, if they like it, that's all that matters.

As an aside, botox is not what is typically used to get plumper lips.  Normally it's some other type of injectible. 

The other night Chrissy Tiegen and John Legend were on WWHL with Andy Cohen.  I don't know if Chrissy has gained weight, had cheek implants or just has a very full face but it looked very unnatural.

Trusted Contributor

I see a woman around my hometown often and she has obvious lip injections.  Hers are so bad its almost duck like.  LOL

Honored Contributor

Goldie Hawn as Elise in The First Wives Club. The scene with her and Rob Reiner as her doctor where she wants to get more is hilarious!  Smiley LOL

Goldie Hawn in The First Wives Club (1996)