Esteemed Contributor

Re: Pluck, pluck, pluck, pluck -- sheesh -- never ending!

[ Edited ]

Finishing Touch Facial Hair Remover. Kohl's, Ulta, Walmart, probably Target & Walgreens but easy to find.  About 20 bucks. Will take you 15 seconds or less in the morning, no pain, no ingrown hair, won't bother sensitive skin.

Respected Contributor

I use a battery operated personal hair trimmer. it is pen shaped and has a tiny vibrating razor at the end. Just a few swipes are all that is needed. No irritation. No, the hair does not grow back thicker or darker. I have mostly peach fuzz on the upper lip.
Honored Contributor

What about an epilator? 

Honored Contributor

I bought an epilator. It does a great job and you don't get them back as fast.

Trusted Contributor

@Imaoldhippie wrote:

You could try waxing at your salon.  If its that noticable you might consider laser treament.

To the OP - I also have sensitive skin and got a salon wax once - it was horrible, my face turned bright red. She got some sort of glass balls out of a freezer and kept running them over my face but the redness and pain were awful. And I stayed red for almost a week.

Trusted Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Finishing Touch Facial Hair Remover. Kohl's, Ulta, Walmart, probably Target & Walgreens but easy to find.  About 20 bucks. Will take you 15 seconds or less in the morning, no pain, no ingrown hair, won't bother sensitive skin.

Those are great - if you can find one that will last more than two weeks. After taking four of them back to Sally's I gave up.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee@How long does the laser treatment take for facial hair?I can’t imag8ne the time it must take to zap each hair.I laughed at your description of your upper lip hair..I guess I have a North American handlebar! I always thought Asian women did not have a facial hair problem.

Respected Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

@shaggygirl wrote:

Those are great - if you can find one that will last more than two weeks. After taking four of them back to Sally's I gave up.

Women's electric razors have been around for years. Check out women's shavers by Panasonic, Conair, Philips, or Remington. If you can use it on your legs, you can use it on your face. I had one by Panasonic  for 10 years - I'd probably still have it if I hadn't lost it in a move.

Honored Contributor

I've also had success with the MeChic device.  

Esteemed Contributor

Welcome to my world, @AngelPuppy1.   I have to do a "hair check" in my 20X mirror every morning and always before I go somewhere special.  I have very sensitive skin and I've tried 2 different brands of cream face hair removers for sensitive skin (Avon and Nair) -- both caused rashes and horrible burning. 

So, I've settled on small battery-operated shavers.  One made by Remington that looks like a ball-point pen (about $10 at any drugstore), and one a Flawless Finishing Touch that looks like a big tube of lipstick with a rotating head (under $20 at Bed, Bath, & Beyond and any drugstore).  

And I pluck, pluck, pluck.

Let me add here that I'm very fair and have blond peach fuzz on my face, except for my upper lip.   Years ago I used a razor blade shaver -- the same brand I use on my legs -- to shave my upper lip area.  Ever since then, I have thick black wiry hairs between my nose and lips.  I know many ladies on this board use razors to shave their faces, but I don't recommend it.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt