Honored Contributor

Pluck, pluck, pluck, pluck -- sheesh -- never ending!

I get so tired of this!  Every morning when I get up one of the first things I do is pluck around my lips, especially the upper lip.  I use a magnifying mirror because I can't see that well and some of the shorter hairs are stiff and hard to get to, but I can't stand them and want them gone!  Thankfully, they are very light but still .....

My skin is so sensitive so I am fearful of using products to remove hair and also those little appliances I have heard can cause ingrown hairs or irritation.

For those with this issue and who also have sensitive skin, what is your solution?

I see in the drugstore hair removal creams and lotions which say they are for sensitive skin, but am afraid to try.

I have read here that some of you shave but I am afraid this will cause burn, irritation, and worse -- I would probably cut myself!  HA!

Thanks for all your help!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Pluck, pluck, pluck, pluck -- sheesh -- never ending!

I've been using Avon hair remover cream for sensitive skin for years now. I use up a tube and order another. It's awesome.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

peroxide?  bleach it.  If you keep cutting it comes back more and more and it's a vicious cycle. Do they have Nair for the upper lip, like they do the legs?

Honored Contributor

When I was younger I had a Fu ManchuWoman LOL and so did my mom. She and I used to shave it off almost everyday. I decided I had enough of that and had it removed permanently with professional laser treatments. Best thing I ever did! 

Now that years have passed since then and my hormone levels have changed, I have had a few new hairs appear which I would pluck away. Then I decided to buy my own 'laser' for at-home use...the Me Chic device (by Illuminage) and now I don't have any hair left to pluck or shave. It's really been great.Woman Happy

Honored Contributor

You could try waxing at your salon.  If its that noticable you might consider laser treament.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I shave. I use this pink battery operated shaver by Panosonic I buy at Ulta. Best thing ever!!!

Valued Contributor

I was interested in what poster said about the "Me Chic" at home laser removal system.  It is important that you do your homework and I checked YT reviews on this and their results would be what my condition would be.  They said that if you have very fine, light, "peach fuzz" like hair then this works great; however, if you have dark, thick, course facial hair it does not work as well and the hairs continually grow back.  The YT reviewers recommend that if you want consistent, good results to have it done professionally for the best results.  In other words, you get what you pay for.  

I considered this, but will not purchase the Me Chic for this reason.

Respected Contributor

@AngelPuppy1  I have almost hypersentivie skin, I use Retin A, and I've had success w/the 'little appliance', Lasting Touch.

no problems, no sensitivity, no ingrown hairs, just smooth face.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Good4u wrote:

I was interested in what poster said about the "Me Chic" at home laser removal system.  It is important that you do your homework and I checked YT reviews on this and their results would be what my condition would be.  They said that if you have very fine, light, "peach fuzz" like hair then this works great; however, if you have dark, thick, course facial hair it does not work as well and the hairs continually grow back.  The YT reviewers recommend that if you want consistent, good results to have it done professionally for the best results.  In other words, you get what you pay for.  

My experience with the Me Chic has been a good one. It has permanently removed dark, coarse hair and much of my facial 'peach fuzz'. Although not a true laser, this device works via IPL and RF. It is designed to work on all skin colors and all hair colors. It works best when there is a high contrast between the color of your skin and the hair. In other words, light skin with dark hair will exhibit quicker hair elimination. The lighter hairs take longer to get rid of but once they are gone, they are gone for good. @Good4u

ETA - I've had professional laser hair removal in the past to get rid of most of my body hair. That was with a true laser light, not IPL or RF. Laser light technology is something you'll find with the TRIA devices. Me Chic is not the same and has some advantages over the TRIA devices...skin and hair colors, for example.

Valued Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Good4u wrote:

My experience with the Me Chic has been a good one. It has permanently removed dark, coarse hair and much of my facial 'peach fuzz'. Although not a true laser, this device works via IPL and RF. It is designed to work on all skin colors and all hair colors. It works best when there is a high contrast between the color of your skin and the hair. In other words, light skin with dark hair will exhibit quicker hair elimination. The lighter hairs take longer to get rid of but once they are gone, they are gone for good. @Good4u

ETA - I've had professional laser hair removal in the past to get rid of most of my body hair. That was with a true laser light, not IPL or RF. Laser light technology is something you'll find with the TRIA devices. Me Chic is not the same and has some advantages over the TRIA devices...skin and hair colors, for example.

That is good to know, @SilleeMee.  I guess it comes down to individual results for each person.  The YT reviewer was a black woman, and she just gave her experience with it which was obviously different from yours.  If others are still interested do check around for pricing as it also varies widely.  Thanks for the response.