Honored Contributor

Re: Plexiderm and water based foundation?

Excellent question, she also said use a water based moisturizer.  

New Contributor

I received my Plexiderm couple of weeks ago and I've been trying it out  EVERY DAY. Sometimes it goes on and smooths like it should, other days, it doesn't.....I do need a bit of makeup out of the house.....I always followed directions and let it dry completely. I tried the IT oil free in the tube----as soon as I touched under my eyes to put it on, the plexiderm all wrinkled.  So as the demonstrator said on QVC you could use a water based mineral powder makeup. Went out and bought  one, tried that several times---same thing, as soon as I touched the plexiderm area it all wrinkled. So far I've not been able to get out the door with plexiderm on!

Contributor

I wonder if Bare Minerals would work.

The ingredients are listed( as:

Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%. Inactive: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides, Zinc Oxide, Titanium Dioxide.

Esteemed Contributor

Read the ingredients.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Tap (not rub) the smoother product very lightly over the foundation (not powder) or concealer, not under it.  Less is usually more.  That's what I do and it works better for me. 

Another option is  Westmore 60 second effect tinted firming gel on QVC.  It conceals and firms in one.  Very nice product, except for me, it's a bit too light. I don't like my undereye substantially lighter than the rest of my face.  But if you are medium, this might work well for you. I just looked at it and it might be too dark for fair skin.

Trusted Contributor

I’m in the process of returning the plexiderm, absolutely terrible and didn’t do any thing but make me feel sooooo dry...

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it