Frequent Contributor

Plexaderm and water based makeup and moisturizer

I ordered the Plexaderm this morning hopeful it doesn't leave the icky white residue, and actually works.  The lady presenting said she mixes it in with her foundation but you must use a water based foundation and a water based moisturizer.  I rarely wear foundation but I do have IT's foundation and I use Josie Maran's milk and argan oil.  I read the foundation description here and it doesn't say either way if it's water based vs oil based but since you don't need a moisturizer, or primer I'm going to assume it's oil based.  I really don't know a thing about foundation or if they even say if they are water vs oil based. Can anyone recommend one that's water based?  It's obvious you can't use the argan oil w the Plexaderm but what are your thoughts on the argan milk?  Anyone willing to suggest a water based, affordable moisturizer?   There are no reviews... Has anyone here used Plexaderm?   How did it work for you?  White residue?  Any application techniques you'd like to share?

Thank you so much!   

Honored Contributor

Re: Plexaderm and water based makeup and moisturizer

@judEve- Will you please post a review after you've had a chance to try the Plexaderm?  Thx.

Frequent Contributor

@San Antonio Gal

Absolutely!

Honored Contributor

I would expect the Argan Milk to b based on the Argan Oil, so that would be oil based.  You might try Googling water-based foundation or moisturizer to see if anything comes up.  More likely moisturizers geared toward people with oily or acne prone skin.  Silicones are considered an oil too.  You may have to resort to reading ingredient lists.  I did that when I was looking for a non-oil-based body moisturizer that I could use with the Westmore Beauty Perfector.  I don't know if there are any water-based primers.  You don't ahve to give up your oil-based moisturizers.  Just use them at night.  

That's the reason I have never been interested in these types of skin tightening products.  I think SSC had one too.  I don't like having my foundation and moisturizer choices limited like that.

Honored Contributor

The reviews on amazon don't look very promising.

Honored Contributor

@judEve

I use and really like Tacha water based moisturizer, at least two years.

Best Wishes with this new product.

Please post your results.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

In see it's back , with  a 11/21 ship date , if it would last the day ,and not look dry i would like to try it.

Contributor

qvc please tell us what you have for the people who buy plexaderm in the form of foundations and moisturzers, please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!