Esteemed Contributor

Re: Plexaderm - That would be a big no!

@KKJ wrote:

I haven't used Plexaderm but used to use SSC Insta-Tox. Is it pretty much the same thing?

Its basically the exact same thing. QVC used to have some Genie line filler - same thing. They all leave a white residue and you can't put concealer or makeup over it. To me, I feel all the positive reviews are fake. 

Respected Contributor

@Effie54 wrote:

@KKJ wrote:

I haven't used Plexaderm but used to use SSC Insta-Tox. Is it pretty much the same thing?

Its basically the exact same thing. QVC used to have some Genie line filler - same thing. They all leave a white residue and you can't put concealer or makeup over it. To me, I feel all the positive reviews are fake. 

When Insta-tox first came out I jumped on it after watching the demo with CeCe putting it on the model. Unfortunately I didn't get the same results.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you'd like to achieve a similar result for free: beat an egg white. When bubbles disappear, lightly brush a very thin layer on the area of concern. Let it dry while not moving your face. Let me know what you think.

Esteemed Contributor

Preperation-H ointment can also be used to tighten skin around the eyes,

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

I used it last December for hubbies Christmas party. It worked great I was very pleased.

But the problem for me is that since that time I have had a problem with strange reaction. I'm getting a pimple breakout. They don't come to a head, they are just red and sore for a few days then go away.  It only happens where I used the product so I know that's what it is.

Respected Contributor

I don't ever want to use anything that is just a temporary mask.  I can imagine all kinds of funny stories from people using something like this for first and second dates and then when the boyfriend finally sees the person with no "aids" on, there are screams of "I'm outta here -- that was false advertising!"  Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

If you'd like to achieve a similar result for free: beat an egg white. When bubbles disappear, lightly brush a very thin layer on the area of concern. Let it dry while not moving your face. Let me know what you think.

Wow, had not heard of this and it sounds interesting. Will try!

Honored Contributor

All of these type of products are basically the same thing, Instatox, SSC Cool Sculpt, SSC Firm a Face,  Plexaderm, Genie, Perfect Eye, also on HSN, PTR Firm Eye. They all contain silica, which is white, hence the white residue. 

Honored Contributor

BTW, the Roth eye product has 124 one star reviews out of 264, red flag right there that it is not worth trying.