Regular Contributor

Please start with an un-made up face!

Hi Laura Geller folks!

Could you please consider having Laura put her makeup on models who aren't already fully made up? I can't tell what the colors look like when they're not applied to a neutral canvas. Watching right now and I can't tell what's what, especially the eye makeup Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

Re: Please start with an un-made up face!

@Mysticmom is it the new blonde haired model?

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Respected Contributor

Good point.  I also wish they wouldn't always use models who have no wrinkles.  Let's face it, many of the viewers are over 50 or 60, and have at least some "crinkling" issues.  I want to know how it will work on someone like me!

Laura loves cats!
Regular Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, @Karnerblue, but it seems like she always uses models who are already in full makeup...

QVC Social Team

This post has been removed by QVC because it is an unkind comment.

Respected Contributor

Yes please DO! And perhaps a woman over 40 once in a while, Does she have problems with older women using her items? She always starts with lovely young women totally made up. Maybe I would watch (and buy) if she was more realistic.

Contributor

I couldn't agree more.  Start with a bare face. 

I have stopped buying a lot of cosmetics here because of that reason.  I feel like they are trying to pull something over on us. I think it's time to go to these vendors facebook pages and bring this up. 

Respected Contributor

Interesting post. For some reason this doesn't matter to me. I can still tell if the products from the IT, Mally, or LG lines are for me, or not. I never had a problem and have really liked what I purchased. However, I have made purchases from that line on HSN where they use older models without previous makeup and had to send it back it was so awful. How do they accomplish the smoke and mirrors when doing those applications? Strange, but I caught on, and no longer order.
Occasional Contributor

I totally agree with you. Some of the makeup artists bring their own models when host is applying their makeup, etc. The makeup artists should also use older models that have more "natural flaws' on their face than a younger model. I also think this is true of those that sell hair care products. WEN uses a lot of his own models. Sure their hair will look great, especially when you have professional hair stylists stying the models hair. 

It just makes the items (makeup/hair products) less creditable.

Honored Contributor

@Mysticmom wrote:

Hi Laura Geller folks!

Could you please consider having Laura put her makeup on models who aren't already fully made up? I can't tell what the colors look like when they're not applied to a neutral canvas. Watching right now and I can't tell what's what, especially the eye makeup Smiley Sad

@Mysticmom

If you are trying to reach the Laura Geller folks, I suggest you go to their Facebook website for commenting.  It's unlikely that anyone will see it here.