Super Contributor

Re: Please recommend a MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER that won't weigh my fine hair down

Sometimes I use Nick Chavez raindrops which is a spray you use after shampoo and condition.

It is like a treatment. It does make my hair soft. A little goes a long way and I really like it. I have no idea how it works.

I am sure Nicks Yucca root Shampoo and conditioner is a good product.

Regular Contributor

Re: Please recommend a MOISTURIZING SHAMPOO AND CONDITIONER that won't weigh my fine hair down

This isn't a shampoo or conditioner, but something that gives my hair volume, lift and bounce. I've been using it for about a week now and I'm going back to the store to stock up. I absolutely love it! It's the Suave Professionals Luxe Style Infusion Weightless Blow Dry Spray. It's amazing for my fine hair! I spray it on my roots and all over my hair.

This is what it says:

Salon proven to volumize as well as Kerastase® Résistance.

This Volumizing Weightless Blow Dry Spray is activated with heat to give volume and body that lasts for up to 24 hours.

STYLE INSPIRATION: Ultimate body & bounce
1. Apply Luxe Style Infusion Weightless Blow Dry Spray on damp hair, from roots to ends.
2. Using a round brush blow dry up and away from face.
3. To complete the look, finish with Luxe Style Infusion Plump Hold Hairspray for extra hold. Lightly brush through for a natural look.

I haven't tried the hairspray, but the rest is all true!!!! (for me anyway!)

Bottle of Suave Professionals® Luxe Style Infusion Weightless Blow Dry Spray

Super Contributor

I like the Suave, too--- I also love the Nexus shampoo in the gray bottle...used to be called Split End Therapy, but now called Pro-mend.

Contributor

Vitamin D deficiency has made my once thick, wavy hair very thin and dry. Have been using OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Shampoo and Conditioner. Don't always use the conditioner as the shampoo does such a great job on its own. Sells for about $7/bottle and is available almost every where. Thought I would try my husbands Pert for a change, and regret it and will never make that mistake again. The Pert was very drying and made my hair feel like straw. Lots of volume but Sarah Desert dry.

<h1 id="title" class="a-size-large a-spacing-none">
</h1>
Super Contributor

I have been vitamin d def. in the past. I probably should have that checked.

Respected Contributor

I love organix but their new poos for 2015 are sulfates yet they advertise its sodium laurel sulfate free yet it has ammonium laurel sulfate which is even harsher. kinda ticks me off. They try to make you believe the new poos are sulfate free but they are not. i want to try the vitamin E one ( the serum is real good)

Regular Contributor

On some other post they recommend backward shampooing which is what I've been doing for the past few weeks and really like. You first wet your hair and apply conditioner and keep it on for awhile then rinse slightly and apply shampoo which mixes with the remnants of the conditioner then rinse them both out. I also do a final rinse with some water in a bottle mixed with a little apple cider vinegar then rinse that out with the coldest water I can stand - cold in summer and a bit warmer in winter.

Honored Contributor

Are you using too much and using your condition too often, leaving it on too long? I use ion once weekly for colored hair and I really need conditioner but that is about all I use and I stay under running water while I have it on until it rinses out and my hair may not feel greasy gooky or even silky at that moment but within minutes of drying it is fluffy and silky.

Honored Contributor

My hairdresser just gave me a sample of ISO (available on Amazon). She has used it on two apts for me -- no sulfates (needed to preserve the hair color she puts on it) and it has to be wheat-free b/c wheat in hair products makes me extremely i t c h y on the scalp. It is the one formulated for color-treated hair. HTH

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

I didn't read every post, so I may be repeating what someone else has stated ....

I don't think you should look to your shampoo to be "moisturizing" ..... gentle, to be sure. Your hair needs moisture and there are plenty of other ways to do that ... oil treatments, product you can lightly put in your hair when it's dry, etc etc.

The shampoo isn't going to do it. {#emotions_dlg.thumbdown}