Regular Contributor

Re: Please help! What is the fastest way to heal raw skin?

On 8/26/2014 OPI Girl said:

Vaseline is what I use, after cleaning with peroxide.

Neosporin, petroleum jelly, and aloe vera all do the same thing, protect your skin so it can heal properly.

"Vaseline is an occlusive moisturiser, which means that it creates a barrier on the surface of the skin. This is beneficial because it helps the skin to retain moisture, which is crucial to the healing process, and also because it keeps wounds sterile by preventing harmful bacteria from getting in."

I agree with OPI Girl. Antibiotic ointment or petroleum jelly, are the fastest and safest way to heal skin.

Super Contributor

On 8/25/2014 luv my Golden said:

Go to the Dermatologist ASAP. We are not qualified to give medical issues. Believe me I am in the process of finally going to the Dermatologist.

ASAP, you're kidding right? {#emotions_dlg.confused1} She said it's red, not infected.

Honored Contributor

On 8/26/2014 OPI Girl said:
On 8/26/2014 RespectLife said:
On 8/25/2014 luv my Golden said:

Go to the Dermatologist ASAP. We are not qualified to give medical issues. Believe me I am in the process of finally going to the Dermatologist.

Oh I wish it were that easy! I have been plagued w/ those horrible under skin tumor zits (sorry for the non-medical description).

I called all 8 Derms. on my insurance program list for an appt. as I have my sister's Engagement Party this Sat. and her wedding Sept. 13th.

Not one had an opening for 12 weeks!

Two of them have finally healed (leaving an ugly scar but at least I can 'conceal' that)

The third will NOT go away...as the OP...I have now made a mess.

I truly appreciate these suggestions. I have been using Eradikate, Proactiv and now PTR zit cream. Whatever is down there...won't give it up!

I am putting some neosporin on as soon as I get home from work today. If the lump is still there...at least I hope to do something about the ruined skin.

Thanks OP for asking and thanks ladies for your suggestions.

If you have a shop near you, you can ask for samples of the blueberry and soothing face masks. Try the blueberry first, in the evening before you retire. I haven't tried making my own blueberry mask, this one is inexpensive and if you save your jars you can trade them in. The SA can give you the details on that.

Thank you so much for your suggestions. The closest store seems to be around 2 hours away. Field trip some day!

Frequent Contributor

Vaseline or Aquaphor. Keep covered with bandaid until healed, you don't want it to scab, as that will increase chance of scarring.
Respected Contributor

i found the medicated band aid work wonders