Honored Contributor

Please help! I have old hair! It's wiry, frizzy and cantankerous --- just like me! Ha!

I used to have the nicest hair when I was young. Well, I really didn't think so at the time but now that I look back and also see pictures of myself, boy, has my hair changed --- and not for the good!

I have no bounce, no ooomoh, no lightness and springiness. And it is not manageable at all! It does exactly what it wants to do. Hello? Who's the boss here???

My hair never looks smooth. If I use something to try to get it looker more smooth, to tame all the fly-aways, and calm the frizz a little, then it looks really flat and heavy.

Is there a product on the market that helps with old hair? A deep conditioner? An every day serum? What?

I am not interested in WEN - no offense to those who love it.

Or if there any tips that you do to help with frizz and hair that is just plain lifeless and mean!!!! {#emotions_dlg.crying}

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: Please help! I have old hair! It's wiry, frizzy and cantankerous --- just like me! Ha!

I have been using the

Garnier Fructis Marvelous Oil Frizz Defy

I can not seem to insert the link, but this is amazing, it was reccomended by another poster here and it might be the best thing I have used. I rub it into my hair every night and its leave my hair thick and bouncy and its about $8 per bottle

Edited to remove the ASCII codes

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

Re: Please help! I have old hair! It's wiry, frizzy and cantankerous --- just like me! Ha!

Here are a few suggestions that I use or have used:

Aveda Smooth Infusion (prep) applied to damp hair

Josie Maran hair serum on damp hair

Even a shampoo with argan oil will tame down your hair. Garnier has one that does not cost much in the drugstore. Maybe start with the shampoo & see how you like the results. Good luck.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I'm sorry -- I'm not sure I can make this out. I see Garnier Fructis and Marvelous Oil. Is this what it's called? Please post and let me know. Thank you!!!!!

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

It would help to know what you are doing to your hair and what you are using. Do you color your hair? How do you style it--do you use a blow dryer or other heat device? What shampoo/conditioner do you currently use?

Esteemed Contributor

Angel

Highly recommending a ACV Rinse.

1 small TBS of ACV and about 6 oz of water, it lays the cuticle flat and ph balances scalp and hair - start with that.

Esteemed Contributor

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Honored Contributor

On 5/31/2014 AngelPuppy1 said:

I'm sorry -- I'm not sure I can make this out. I see Garnier Fructis and Marvelous Oil. Is this what it's called? Please post and let me know. Thank you!!!!!

Garnier Marvelous Oil FRIZZ DEFY, there are a few versions this is the one I use, I tried to post the link and it got all wonkie.

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Super Contributor

What's helped tame my hair is Agadir Argan Treatment which I buy it from Amazon. I put a drop in my palm, rub my hands together and smooth it on and through my damp hair and then I blow dry/style as usual. I pay particular attention to make sure to apply it where there's gray hair. It's certified 100% pure Argan oil. The secret with this stuff is to use a small amount. If your hair is longer, you would use more, and I'd start at the ends and go up. I think often people get heavy handed when applying it, which will end up weighing the hair down. My husband loves how soft my hair is...and it's totally from this stuff, as I use no conditioner...just shampoo and the Argan oil.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.
~ Ian Maclaren
Valued Contributor

Alterna Anti-Aging Caviar Shampoo and Conditioner

This will make a HUGE difference in your hair! I can't recommend it enough. It is pricey, but well worth it.