Trusted Contributor

Re: Please Drug or Dept store Mascara suggestions?!...Changing from Mally :(

@amyb wrote:

Looking for suggestions for the best mascaras out there?...Anything good I can buy at my local CVS or Target etc??  

I've used and loved Mally's volumizing mascara (the one in the white tube) for years...it WAS the BEST...unfortunately, with all her recent business changes...products are disappearing or they are changing formulas.  Whyyyyyy? Why change winners like her old  concealer (not made anymore) or her award winning mascara??!!  The current reviews, from long-time users like myself, are not good.  People are saying it's no longer good. I'm on my last tube and need some great recommendations please?

Mally's used to not flake, or travel under my eyes, it went on wonderuflly easy and smooth, and made my lashes look so long and beautiful.  What else out there has these features, ladies?? Help? Tks in advance. Smiley Happy 

ps. Mally....c'monnnn, I ask again...why?!

Go to beautypedia.com for reviews/recommendations for skin care and makeup.

Trusted Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I've been using L'Oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes for years. . .LOVE IT! (Plus it's available in navy blue, which is difficult to find.)

Another vote for L'oreal Voluminous.  I use the waterproof version.  I wear black-brown which can also be hard to find.

Honored Contributor

My lashes have thinned out with age but I mainly use Clinique high impact mascara. Tried several through the years and end up with Clinique.

Valued Contributor

Too Faced's Better Than S_ _ mascara.  You can find it at Ulta or Sephora.  A good drug store I would also agree with L'Oreal's Voluminous.  I still miss the drug store brand Max Factor.  They used to sell an awesome mascara called 2000 Calorie (or something like that) and it was the best.       

Honored Contributor

Makeupalley dot com is another place to find reviews.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@amyb

Hi, another vote for L'Oréal 's Voluminous in the grey tube. I've tried every drugstore brand and always wonder - why???  And return to this L'Oréal one.

PS -Also was a long time Mally (white tube) mascara lover/ user until a few years ago. Also loved her concealer in the dual pot with the white setting powder. 

Concealer plug :  Maybeline's Instant Age Rewind Eraser dark circles. It lasts the whole day too. Does not settle (which is a BIG pet peeve of mine. I am a concealer fan, so I have tried a ton of those too. HTH. 

PSS -Walmart, if you can get to one, has the best prices on these two items. You can also order it from walmartdotcom for two-day shipping. The chain drugstore price is always 3-$4 dollars more. 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I still like Voluminous from L'oreal.  I can find it for $5.99 or $6.99 at Kroger or Walmart.  Don't go to CVS as it's $9.

I like Lancome Hypnose Drama--that's expensve though --and I love the newer IT mascara. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

@LeoGrl wrote:

Too Faced's Better Than S_ _ mascara.  You can find it at Ulta or Sephora.  A good drug store I would also agree with L'Oreal's Voluminous.  I still miss the drug store brand Max Factor.  They used to sell an awesome mascara called 2000 Calorie (or something like that) and it was the best.       

I love the Too Faced one too.  It's just so hard to get off.  I also love L'oreal Voluminous.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Honored Contributor

I find mascara choices are very subjective. I have used

L’Oreal Lash Paradise — it’s OK

Lancôme Hypnose Drama, Definicils, Mr. Big & Grandiose Extreme — I  like all 4 

Urban Decay Perversion — it’s similar to Definicils IMO

Disliked Urban Decay Troublemaker due to fibers in the formula.

I like Laura Geller’s Lash Boss.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

Maybelline Great Lash, the one in the pink and green tube

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.