Honored Contributor

Re: Please Drug or Dept store Mascara suggestions?!...Changing from Mally :(

@LeoGrl wrote:

Too Faced's Better Than S_ _ mascara.  You can find it at Ulta or Sephora.  A good drug store I would also agree with L'Oreal's Voluminous.  I still miss the drug store brand Max Factor.  They used to sell an awesome mascara called 2000 Calorie (or something like that) and it was the best.       

I love the Too Faced mascara in the smaller tubes they often include in kits but I don't like the large tube of it.  Makes no sense but I have this same issue with a Lancome mascara.  I love the Too Faced because it gives me great volume but my lashes aren't clumpy or stiff at all and it's super easy to remove.  I also like the wand.  I'm a traditionalist when it comes to a mascara wand. 

Honored Contributor

My latest drugstore try is Cover Girl Peacock Flare mascara.  This is a decent mascara but I don't like the brush.  It's has the plastic tiny bristles.  I like the traditional wands with the regular brush like bristles.

I also got Tarte's Lights, Camera, Lashes on a really good sale.  I love the brush on that but the mascara is just meh.  I actually am using over the top of the Cover Girl. 

Both are a deep black color but I'm not over the moon about either of them on their own.

I'm constantly trying new mascaras.

Respected Contributor

I try new ones all the time (all prices) but keep coming back to my ole fave....Maybelline waterproof "The Rocket".  Great brush and lasts till you take it off. The best I ever found (yet) and the best price. I can throw it out every 3-4 months ( like they tell ya to) without guilt.

Image result for Volum' Express® The Rocket® Waterproof Mascara

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks Ladies, for all the great responses!  As someone said...it IS such a subjective thing, and different products work differently on people depending on their own lashes, reactions to formulas etc.  

Well, since Loreal Volumuous was mentioned over and over, I think I will start there.  

I was also contemplating Great Lash, because after all these years on the market, it still gets put on Editors' "Bests" lists (unless someone is paying editors to do this!), and also reviewed well by customers...it's been around forever, it must sell well.  You guys also mention several Lancome products...Mr. Big sounded interesting, actually they all do...and I recall a girlfriend telling me a few years ago she'd started using a Lancome mascara (I'll have to ask her again which one) and she said it was the absolute best, and she's picky about everything and I've watched her put on mascara before....lol...she makes it an artform!  So I'll start my own trial and error with those.  Thanks for all the shopping tips too...I would have likely gone to CVS cause it's so close by, but someone said Walmart (also close by) had better prices on one of those recommendations.  I'm also near an Ulta, but not a Sephora...anyway...I'll give some of these a shot....Thank you again!  

PS. Once I actually try some, I'll let you know what works for me best!

Trusted Contributor

@tototwo

Next Walmart trip, checking out the primer. I remember using one years ago and don't remember why I stopped because I loved the results : / 

TY 

⚓️
Honored Contributor

@LoveMyBaby @tototwo I have used both Lancôme Cils XL Booster primer & L’Oreal’s primer & the only difference I see is price. I use L’Oreal’s primer now.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

I've been using ELF mascara from Target.  I saw it at the store, it's $2, I figured I'd give it a try.  I've been pleased with it. 

Trusted Contributor

@LoveMyBaby wrote:

@tototwo

Next Walmart trip, checking out the primer. I remember using one years ago and don't remember why I stopped because I loved the results : / 

TY 

@tototwo

Meijer had Luminous mascaras on sale, so I picked up the primer. Works great!!

If you hadn't mentioned it in this thread, I had totally forgotten about. Thanks for the tip!

⚓️
Honored Contributor

I always go back to Maybelline Great Lash (Pink/Green).  I need brown, not black or black brown, and very few lines sell brown.

I love Diorific mascara and when they discontinued that I moved back to Great Lash.

Now I need to try this voluminios l'oreal stuff you all are raving about.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN