Honored Contributor

Re: Please Drug or Dept store Mascara suggestions?!...Changing from Mally :(

I like Rimmel

it's inexpensive

have never used $$$$ mascaras it's never been any item that I want to spend on,  save my money for eyeshadows and lip stuff 

Honored Contributor

now is a good time to go the drug store as brands are putting things on sale, so you can try a bunch of them to see which brands you like 

Respected Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I've been using L'Oreal's Voluminous Million Lashes for years. . .LOVE IT! (Plus it's available in navy blue, which is difficult to find.)

My brand too .. love it ...

Valued Contributor

I've tried many mascaras and honestly I still don't have one that does it all.  My friend recently recommended Chanel Volume mascara and said it's the best out there.  Drugstore: the new Maybelline in the peach colored tube is nice and black and seems to work pretty well.  RIP Max Factor 2000 Calorie which was the best I ever used.    If you want length, not thickness, Lancome Definicils is really good.  You can buy a trial size at Ulta.  I hate to think of how much $$$$ I've spent on mascaras, trying to find "the one!"

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lancôme Definicils!  ($27.50).   No clumping, flaking, smudging or spider lashes, just neat, clean and perfectly separated lashes.  I've tried many others, but this is my very favorite, and has been my go to for many years.

Respected Contributor

@Catlady Nicole wrote:

I've been using Lacome Hypnôse Drama Instant Full Volume Mascara for a couple of years now.  I've tried a few drugstore mascaras and they just don't give me the easy, consistent results the Lancome does.

Lancome rules as far as mascara are concerned.

Respected Contributor

I have used Blinc mascara for years. Love itHeart It stays on all day and no flaking. Wash off with cleanser and water. The mascara comes off in little tubes. Slides right off your lashes.

Super Contributor

@amyb I'm in the same boat. Mally's white tube has been my go-to for a few years.......on my  last tube now and frankly it is drying out. 

I use my clinique "freebies" mascara; the gifts with purchase.....and those are ok.....

I also use the pink tube with the green top drugstore mascara. If I can't get the Mally I want, then that is the route I go. Mascara is a big deal to me; I basically have three eyelashes between the two eyes. I need all the help I can get! I am so upset that Mally's formula was changed; it was my savior in the mascara arena for quite a while. 

Good luck!

Never mistake kindness for weakness
Respected Contributor

I use Almay One Coat Thickening Mascara. It thickens your lashes with very little effort.

Honored Contributor

For mascara that doesn't smear until you take it off: Trish McEvoy Curling or Volume Mascara

For mascara that makes my lashes look full and lush (but will smear if I cry, allergies, etc): Bobbi Brown Smokey Eye Mascara

For mascara that conditions my lashes, looks natural and full (but will smear if I cry, allergies, etc). Chantecialle's Faux Cils.

I've used hundreds of them and these are the 3 that I now only use. If I get others for free, be it samples or full size, I give them away; don't want to be bothered with them.