Honored Contributor

Re: Plastic surgery.Yes or No?

Yes, I would love to have something called a 'butt'. Mine is nonexistent.

Honored Contributor

No, never for me......At least Not elective....

Honored Contributor

Yes. However, the cost and the recovery prevent me from doing it. 

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Yes, I would love to have something called a 'butt'. Mine is nonexistent.

@SilleeMee, I have plenty of butt.  It's not a wide load type, but it does cause a problem buying pants.  I often have to have them altered because to get a pair that fit in the butt they're too large in the waist.  I don't get it; I thought J Lo type butts were "in".   However, if I didn't have a butt, I wouldn't have that particular surgery.  I don't think they have perfected that one and there are a lot of botched jobs, or maybe it's the nature of it.  They're having to add some sort of synthetic material, but it can't just be silicone like a boob job because we sit on our butts.  It's got to hold up to all that sitting and sometimes sittting down hard.  To get a material to hold up to that ends up making it uncomfortable to sit.  

Honored Contributor

Absolutely!!!!! If you can afford it, go for it!!!!! I would go get the bags under my eyes done in a NY minute if I had the extra cash!!!!!!

Honored Contributor

Plastic surgery is a very personal choice.  I have nothing against it but you should do what you want to do.  I personally do not have thousands of dollars to have work done so I will just go with the flow.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess,

I would just like to have some kind of volume back there...I can wear a pair pants backwards and they still fit. Right now I'm wearing 'fake-butt' panties just to keep my pants from falling off...LOL! Woman LOL Now I just need to figure out how to keep the panties from sliding down.Woman FrustratedWoman Very Happy

Regular Contributor

I would go to a reputable plastic surgeon or cosmetic surgeon. What ever you want to call them, of course I would. I do not feel I need it right now. But some day I know I will want to. I would do my research and go for what I wanted.

Honored Contributor

I think it depends on the circumstances.  I had an elder friend who had the eyelid surgery done.  Now, she was not a vain person at all, and after it was done it was a very natural look with the rest of her very aged face.  I don't think it was because they were blocking her vision, but I don't know.  She was happy, so I was happy for her.  If you're expecting something life-changing I would say no.  

I would love to just have a skin tightening procedure, like laser, but for my face I think that's it.  There are things on my face I would love to fix, but I don't think it would come out natural looking, so it's a no.

However, I did have lipo about 10 yrs ago.  I had my daughter at 20 and 30 yrs later I was still fixated on that little pooch below the belly button that no amount of exercise would get rid of.  So, I had that and the saddlebags taken care of.  The recovery was hell though, much more so than you are led to believe, and would've been impossible had I not had my husband to help me.  I couldn't even get in and out of bed by myself. But, after all that, I'd say it's the best thing I ever did for myself.  And, I say for myself because most people have no idea.  I don't parade around in bikinis or wear revealing clothing.  It's just how I feel when I look at myself in the mirror.  The surgeon himself was not as pleased only because I refused to have a full-on tummy tuck which resulted in some loose skin on my stomach.  If I lift up that skin, I would have the perfect stomach.  But, I didn't want my muscles cut into, and I'm happy with that decision.  He did say I could do a simple "revision" to tighten that up, but it would require a long incision and another recovery period.  That's a no for me.

Esteemed Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Do you mean Cosmetic Surgery?

I haven’t seen the phrase ‘plastic surgery’ in such a long time.

There’s a difference between the two.

And no, I don’t have an issue w/ cosmetic surgery.

I see the phrase "plastic surgery" all the time. It's not unusual...

I guess I hang out in neighborhoods where cosmetic surgery

is the proper phrase for elective surgery. 

But as I stated before, not knowing the distinct difference

is the reason why there’s botched elective surgery.  

Cosmetic vs plastic surgery are 2 complete different things. 

and the results will be 2 complete different outcomes.

A competent surgeon for elective surgery will be certified

through the American Academy of Cosmetic Surgery. 

Good luck. 

Oh I'm sure you DO.

LOL